PDA

View Full Version : Few probs!!

Anonymous
24-03-02, 09:35 AM
well i got two probs at the mo. 1st my cenny lockin dont work, only when itfeels like it, when it dont work it dont make no noise on the passnger side so could it be the pass side motor, master motor or tat little black box in the pass foot well??? 2nd my intermidiate wiper dont work when i click it to the 1st notch it dnt do nowt s if its rainin slighly i av to keep clickin it up two notches and then bring i down, but the funny fing is it always works when its rainin???? dont understand is is there a dodgy wire if so where doi look, ive changed the wiper motor still the same cheers for any advice.

Anonymous
24-03-02, 11:07 AM
ive got the same thing with the wiper mate, up 2 clicks so its on then back down a click

guess what ive got the same with the central locking... sort of

it works basically every time but on the odd occasion it doesnt i think its down to the way that the key is turned in the door! ii give it a solid, fairly quick turn of the key and it works every time but if you just lightly turn it it sometimes dont work. no need to slam the key round or anything, just be solid with it

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Anonymous
24-03-02, 01:17 PM
the central lockin solinoids seem to just die after a while. on the GSi i had before the one i have now they had been changed for the reason you said and on the GTE i had before that i had to change them also.
I've also come across dodgey wiper switch/stalks to cause the wiper prob or else it could be the relay ;)

Anonymous
25-03-02, 08:51 AM
IT IS THE RELAY !

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

Anonymous
25-03-02, 08:56 AM
You need to get into the relay's and fuses panel located on the drivers side just below the dial to turn headlights on.
Its just a grey plastic panel that you pull away.
You'll see all the fuses and TWO big black relays. I think the one on the right (thats the 2nd one in) controls the wiper timing.
Its held in by 4 metal prongs i think (this is from memory)!!

I just pulled mine out and noticed the prongs werent straight, so straightened them with pliers and Roberts your fathers brother --> They work without flicking the switch manually again !
It also may be this relay has simply come loose.

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

Anonymous
25-03-02, 11:40 AM
I had the same probs with my wipers, the earth was dodgy, and when it got wet the earth connected, try unbolting your motor and givin the bolt a clean, worked for me.

Long Live the Nova 1.0!!!! :D