PDA

View Full Version : Finally After 3months!!

Andy
04-07-07, 08:43 PM
YES after 3 whole months of looking ive finally found a job!!! I have recently moved up to sunny scarborough and ive found employment.I am now back fitting double glazing which i did before i was a mechanic im well chuffed!:D

Stuart
04-07-07, 09:01 PM
much money in dbl glazing fitting? As it looks a right laugh :D

Andy
04-07-07, 09:07 PM
A right laugh???!! why??! Yeah its quite good,not bad at all.More than my mechanics job.......

Stuart
04-07-07, 09:16 PM
the guys that fitted our doors and windows were a right laugh and it seemed like a nice no stress job :)

Andy
04-07-07, 09:23 PM
It usually is/was erm but like any job sh1t can hit the fan most people who you work for (customers) make ya tea and biccys' all day so its good

dave.gsi
04-07-07, 09:45 PM
thats what i do an i love it. good money,stress free and as long as your working with someone sound you can have a laugh.and being self employed you never get told off by the boss (me!) can start and finish pretty much when you want, and days off you can have as many as you can afford.

bit of advice though, theres more money to be made fitting conservatories than doing windows and doors. try and get into that if you can:thumb:

draper
05-07-07, 12:01 AM
dble glazing is very very lucrative if on price ;)

burgo
05-07-07, 12:07 AM
double glazing fitting is an awesom job and the money is crazy. my first job was double glazing fitters with two blokes who sub contracted to magnet windows at the time and they both cleared 40k a year!!!

Mike
05-07-07, 12:11 AM
double glazing fitting is an awesom job and the money is crazy. my first job was double glazing fitters with two blokes who sub contracted to magnet windows at the time and they both cleared 40k a year!!!

im in the wrong line of work lol

big gra
05-07-07, 12:26 AM

kinell, were do i sign up? :thumb:

Stuart
05-07-07, 08:25 AM
job done thats the kind of numbers im after :D
might look into it a bit more then :) the automotive industry is getting on me tits

Jack
05-07-07, 08:35 AM
Fcuk IT, I'm getting me fitting some glass! lol

I can see PNG becoming "Performance Glazing Group" lmfao

Stuart
05-07-07, 09:58 AM
lol, supply of tinted and lowerd windoze init bruv

Mike
05-07-07, 10:32 AM
lol, supply of tinted and lowerd windoze init bruv

FPMSL!

Well, as off tomorrow ill be working in and around the UK for Virgin Trains :D wether working on/with trains in this day and age is a wise move (what with recent events in Glasgow/London etc) will remain to be seen!

Stuart
05-07-07, 10:42 AM
dont be a fcuking poof! if you think like that the the terrorists (and the BBC who im sure are in on it with them) have won!

Id love to work on trains etc... proper MAN engineering :)

Mike
05-07-07, 10:46 AM
(and the BBC who im sure are in on it with them)
Id love to work on trains etc... proper MAN engineering :)

PMSL! In on it hahhaahahaa

Proper "Man" engineering lol

I not put off by it tbh, just they say you (employee's) need to be a little more vigilante then normal :wtf: IMO, if sh1ts going to explode, the last thing in going to do is stare at it and say "oh look, an explosove device! Stop, drop and roll!" PMSL! lol lol

Stuart
05-07-07, 10:56 AM
watch the thing explode :D

Jack
05-07-07, 11:27 AM
Its ok, judging by recent efforts, nothing will explode. Maybe catch fire or let off pressurized gas, but not explode. Stu's right tho, "they" have the media right where they want them. I'll be damned if I'm gonna start panicing about going on a plane/train/etc.

My dad wimbles round on the west somerset railway, playing with their derv engines. Hmm, marine engine conversion in a nova? lol

Andy
05-07-07, 05:15 PM
thats what i do an i love it. good money,stress free and as long as your working with someone sound you can have a laugh.and being self employed you never get told off by the boss (me!) can start and finish pretty much when you want, and days off you can have as many as you can afford.

bit of advice though, theres more money to be made fitting conservatories than doing windows and doors. try and get into that if you can:thumb:

Thats right mate connys can be put up realtively quick(after builders finish!)
and are the best earners by far.Dont really like fascias and soffits though,very messy! well ive been back doing this for 3days now and tbh dunno why i ever gave it up to get oily!!oh and its bloody marvelous to be a grafter again:thumb: lol

dave.gsi
05-07-07, 08:32 PM
fasias are a complete ball ache. luckily i only have to do them once in a blue moon, told the boss i was scared of heights lol

99% of my work is conservatories. were absolutely booked up with them at the moment. if only it would stop bloody raining i got soaked today.
working at some rich bints house at the mo,...shes got a 4 million pound house, me and my mate are building a conny for her, 40 feet long. biggest one ive ever seen. shes paid ?22,000 for it and shes gonna be using it as a greenhouse to grow plants in. seriously! more money than sense

bin there 3 days so far and she hasnt made one cup of tea :mad:

Andy
05-07-07, 08:38 PM
Have ya noticed its always the ones with ****loads of cash that never make you 'em but ya go on the council estates where the old folks bring out the biscuits,tea,sarnies-its mint!!!! as for paying that much and that size is fookin massive for anyone that dont know about them! to grow plants in is sick!!!!
Yeah this house im doing now is a fascia and windows real big barstard aswell gable ends are very high!!:eek:

dave.gsi
05-07-07, 09:10 PM
so true, people who have the least give the most.council estates are, as you say, prime tea and biscuit hot spots lol plus people there tend to give tips as well which is always a bonus. the people with big houses and loads of money you get feck all from, no tea, no tips, nothing :mad:

just havin a look through my phone, got a few pics of the monster were erecting

Andy
05-07-07, 09:20 PM
just havin a look through my phone, got a few pics of the monster were erecting

lol to people who havent read this that sounds bad!!!lol

Yeah i know what ya mean though my best tip when i did it before was ?40 and a crate of john smiths!! wasnt on a rough area just a really nice happy guy,biscuits +tea=much better and quicker work i.m.o;)

dave.gsi
05-07-07, 10:22 PM
before..http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/daveonearm/Picture201.jpg

during..
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/daveonearm/Picture216.jpg

and ill get an 'after' on sat when its finished!

notice the tennis court on the right, in the first pic:eek:

and also how the weather has changed since i took the first pic about 6 weeks ago when we were measuring up!

Mike
05-07-07, 10:23 PM
^thats some walkthrough!

dave.gsi
05-07-07, 10:27 PM
also found this photo on my phone. was working at a guys house the other week.needed to leave some tools in his garage cos the van was full and right at the bottom was this.............................................. ..............http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/daveonearm/Picture211.jpg

its a 1929 (!!!) ford.

he bought it in the seventies as a retirement project and it has sat there ever since. he's still not retired so its just been left in his garage. it had 30 years of dust on itlol

dave.gsi
05-07-07, 10:29 PM
^thats some walkthrough!

finally got some roof on it today,starting to look good now. what a waste of all my hard work though to fill it with bloody trees and flowerslol

Andy
06-07-07, 04:44 PM
christ thats massive!! looks good though mate!:thumb: