PDA

View Full Version : corsa questions?

greg1.4
04-07-07, 07:48 PM
i am possibly going to build a corsa gsi rally car..

i need to know a few things first though.. the engine, am i right in saying its a c16xe??

i want to do away with injection and run twin 40's..

where can i buy inlet manifolds for them? what do i need to do to get it running with carbs?

do i need a carb'd ignition set-up the same as my nova did when i converted it to carbs..

also where can i get some nice lumpy rally cams?

would i get away with using standard gearbox and shafts with a LSD, rally clutch/paddle clutch plates? i will upgrade if i have to but i am on a tight budget..

cheers,
Greg

Adam
04-07-07, 08:14 PM
i am possibly going to build a corsa gsi rally car..

i need to know a few things first though.. the engine, am i right in saying its a c16xe?? Early ones yes

i want to do away with injection and run twin 40's.. OK, might not be too good tho, as if for rallying you'll want full out revs, so will compromise the bottom end power

where can i buy inlet manifolds for them? what do i need to do to get it running with carbs? SBD

do i need a carb'd ignition set-up the same as my nova did when i converted it to carbs.. Nope, you need an aftermarket ecu and it mapped to run the ignition

also where can i get some nice lumpy rally cams? Shrick,Newmann cams, Catcams, piper, kent, loads. but anything good for rallying and the pistons will need modifying

would i get away with using standard gearbox and shafts with a LSD, rally clutch/paddle clutch plates? i will upgrade if i have to but i am on a tight budget.. Should be ok

cheers,
Greg

:):)

greg1.4
05-07-07, 09:52 AM
ok cheers, where can i get an aftermarket ecu? any links etc?

i would like a bit more detail about this..

cheers,
Greg

Mike
05-07-07, 09:54 AM
ok cheers, where can i get an aftermarket ecu? any links etc?

i would like a bit more detail about this..

cheers,
Greg

www.google.co.uk

greg1.4
05-07-07, 10:13 AM
tried that..

what i need to know is what ecu to buy to run with my carbs and what coil etc..
i have seen novas with 1600 16v engines and webbers on here, surely someone has done it and can help me?

that all i need to know now, is what ecu and wiring i need and what to do to once i bolt my inlet manifold and carbs on.. (wiring /ecu)??

any help is much appreciated..

thanks,
Greg

Mike
05-07-07, 10:17 AM
You'd do the same as what you do with an 2.0 16v on carbs, use no management IMO. Just a set of carbs, dizzy ignition setup and a low pressure fuel pump.

Stuart
05-07-07, 10:34 AM
DTA ep48 (thei "old" ecu is good and cheap)
MBE
OMEX
EMERALD
Megasquirt (but only if you have local support for it)

Stuart
05-07-07, 10:35 AM
You'd do the same as what you do with an 2.0 16v on carbs, use no management IMO. Just a set of carbs, dizzy ignition setup and a low pressure fuel pump.

there is no known dizzy that fits the small block 16V engine....

Mike
05-07-07, 10:37 AM
there is no known dizzy that fits the small block 16V engine....

Aaaah, thats the bit i wasnt 100% sure off lol

greg1.4
05-07-07, 11:22 AM
so once i bolt my carbs on, is it a case of having wires to starter and coil etc, then plug in my new ecu and get it mapped.

does it just plug straight in?

Stuart
05-07-07, 11:34 AM
lmfao no.
have you even looked for the ecu's and looked at the wiring diagrams?

you will need to eitehr splice into the existing loom (bad idea) or better make a new loom (EASY)

greg1.4
05-07-07, 11:56 AM
well thats what i needed to know..

think i will go down the 1300 16v route..

thanks,
Greg

greg1.4
05-07-07, 12:08 PM
also will a suzuki swift gti engine fit in a corsa the same as a nova?

i know i need to weld the drivers engine mount and put a spacer plate in for the gearbox...

if i had the suzuki engine, spacer plate and a nova f13 box, would it fit in a corsa ok?

cheers,
Greg

Adam
05-07-07, 12:16 PM
If it fits a nova, it will/should fit a corsa.

greg1.4
05-07-07, 12:31 PM
ok thanks..