21-03-02, 05:09 PM
how do i get it off without a PULLEY

Anonymous
21-03-02, 05:30 PM
bash it with the palms of ur hands

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
21-03-02, 06:02 PM
bash it which way towards me or away from me. obviously i am sat in the seat not the bonnet

Anonymous
21-03-02, 06:07 PM
i'd advise against that, you'll probably end up colapsing the steering column. mine wouln't come of WITH a puller so i took out the whole steering column (5 min job) clamped it in to a workbench and tapped the nut twice with a hammer and it popped straight off.

http://www.srownersclub.co.uk

Anonymous
21-03-02, 10:02 PM
I had major trouble taking mine off. Try pulling like hell whilst a mate wacks the bold with a punch and hammer. This wouldn't work with mine so I took it to a local garage who ending up snapping the wheel in half trying to get it off with their puller!!
They only charged me a fiver, I think the steering wheel broke whilst about 3 off were pulling it like f**k!!!!!!!!

Miles

Anonymous
22-03-02, 09:17 AM
Mine flew off after 35 MINS of sever beating!
A steering wheel puller aint compulsory but saves a hell of a lot of time. Once you have the horn cover off etc, bash the circumference of the steering wheel all around with a hammer. Then just give short sharp bursts of pulling the wheel with the claw of the hammer, then another rout of smacking it round the circumference.

Be careful it doesnt smack u in the face, mine flew and hit the back windscreen when it popped off so be warned!

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

Anonymous
22-03-02, 09:59 AM
yeah like grant says be careful coz if its really stuck on hard, when it comes off it will fly off at high speed.

Removing a steering wheel is somewhat like making a woman cum, what works on one car / woman will not neccesarily work on the next. Each requires differnt techniwques to get the desired outcome.

A combination of all of the above suggestions should do the trick.

Anonymous
22-03-02, 10:26 AM
lmao @ mr lover lover!

Anonymous
22-03-02, 11:28 AM
I agree with these boyz, mine was a f*cking nightmare to get off! Sprayed the bolt with some WD40, then had two people pulling the wheel and 1 bashing the bolt with a hammer. Just be patient it will come off in the end!

Anonymous
22-03-02, 02:12 PM
DONT GET SMACKED IN THE FACE

Undo the bolt and then tighten it back on again, just a few turns... that way the wheel hits the bolt, not your face.

Anonymous
22-03-02, 04:01 PM
otherwise you'll end up looking like ian dowie

Anonymous
22-03-02, 06:39 PM
watched my mate take his steering wheel of his gte. he forgot about the spring behind the wheel and it pinged him square between the eyes . It was one of the funniest things id seen in a while

Anonymous
22-03-02, 07:13 PM
LMAO @ Damian

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

Anonymous
23-03-02, 01:03 PM
i think it must be something to do with the angle of which you hit the wheel.

as dale says undo the nut and unscrew it to the end of the bolt without taking it fully off for safety

i gave mine a few hefty whacks with a wooden mallet, stood outside the car, hitting behind the wheel with the mallet at a sort of 45 degree backwards/up action and it took 3 whacks and it was off

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Anonymous
24-03-02, 11:37 PM
The PROPER puller that's made solely for the job of removing Vaux/Opel wheels will remove any wheel dead easily.

Normal pullers, like the three-legged ones used to remove bearings etc WILL NOT WORK properly hence you fook up the wheel.

For the sake of ?8.60, buy the proper puller.

First Nova wheel I removed was in my 83 A-reg and it'd probably never been off before. It took three of us pulling, tugging and hammering (sounds dodgy lol) to get it off. When I removed the wheel my Antibes, I got the proper puller which was ?8.60 and the wheel was off in 20 seconds once it was in position.
I later used this on my mates 1984 B-reg and the same thing...straight off no probs.

Another trick though it to use a pneumatic hammer on the top of the column......my mate Andy did that on one he was scrapping to get the wheel off to let me get the digi-dash out of it.
The thing is though, the car was being scrapped so he didn't care if he damaged the column or not!

Anonymous
25-03-02, 08:17 AM
i have had blood pissing out of my nose taking wheels off b4

rember to grease the splines a little when refitting

i used to sit the seat close and use my knees to push the botom outwards while i yanked on the top with my hands

Micky@novaload.net
SNAKES-WITH-TITS Website http://network54.com/Realm/Snakes_with_tits

Anonymous
25-03-02, 10:53 AM
I tried a three legged puller which wouldn't work, tried just pulling it, which also failed. In the end i used a exstention bar as a drift on the back/centre of the wheel from underneath and a large hammer! came off in two smacks! Killed the horn plate thingy though.

eddiecorke2
07-03-06, 09:07 AM
does anyone know if a cavalier boss kit will fit a mk2 nova??

Iain
07-03-06, 11:54 AM
does anyone know if a cavalier boss kit will fit a mk2 nova??

Start a new thread :p

eddiecorke2
07-03-06, 01:15 PM
i dont know how to???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

Stuart
07-03-06, 01:49 PM
erm "post new topic"
DONT BUMP OLD THREADS