PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone camped at Nurburgring?

Ojc
04-07-07, 11:41 AM
Planning on making the trip for the F1 and wanted to know if anyone has camped at the Ring?

This thread sounds seriously homosexual.

craig green
04-07-07, 11:45 AM
F1?

I'm interested none the less. I'd camp I think.

Ojc
04-07-07, 11:48 AM
Formula 1 GP Craig, I was going to go the first week in August but there is nothing on the track that weekend apart from Germans on rollerskates :lol:

If I can camp it saves a lot of money and I love going back to basics, getting naked in fields and all that.

andybishop
04-07-07, 11:50 AM
Not camped there myself but there is plenty of campsites near the Nurburgring. The Guesthouses are cheap enough around there too, much better staying there than camping. If you need any information give me a shout, are you driving or Flying out there?? I've been out there many times now, so know the area pretty well, We flew out there last week, got a hire car from the airport, all pretty cheap!! Flight was a bargain ?29!! Driving out there tonight in my Nova!

craig green
04-07-07, 11:52 AM
Driving out there tonight in my Nova!

I was meaning to text you & say have a cool time mate. Plenty of pics please! Car OK?

Ojc
04-07-07, 11:56 AM
Not camped there myself but there is plenty of campsites near the Nurburgring. The Guesthouses are cheap enough around there too, much better staying there than camping. If you need any information give me a shout, are you driving or Flying out there?? I've been out there many times now, so know the area pretty well, We flew out there last week, got a hire car from the airport, all pretty cheap!! Flight was a bargain ?29!! Driving out there tonight in my Nova!

Driving there in the VXR, leaving Friday 20th from Dover at 8am to Dunkerque then to Nurburgring and spending the weekend there for the F1 GP. I don't want to leave it until I get there to book somewhere but I have a feeling most hotels around the area will be booked up for that weekend so wondered if camping would be the next best things.

You say there are lots of camp sites near the ring?

Cheers for the help.

andybishop
04-07-07, 12:04 PM
I was meaning to text you & say have a cool time mate. Plenty of pics please! Car OK?

Cheers mate, hopefully will do!! Car is ready now, had a bit of a panic beginning of the week, got a nasty rattle from the engine, turned out that the cambelt had lost some tension and was just flapping a bit! Sounds and go's a lot better now!! Me and Mart finished building it back up and fitting all the dash about 1 o'clock lastnight, Stereo has just arrived and we will be fitting that on the way! Driving through the night, which will be fun as i'm already wrecked from a 3 day and night work jolly/drinking session in Puerto Banus!

andybishop
04-07-07, 12:10 PM
Driving there in the VXR, leaving Friday 20th from Dover at 8am to Dunkerque then to Nurburgring and spending the weekend there for the F1 GP. I don't want to leave it until I get there to book somewhere but I have a feeling most hotels around the area will be booked up for that weekend so wondered if camping would be the next best things.

You say there are lots of camp sites near the ring?

Cheers for the help.

Have you booked ferries or anything yet?? Who have you gone with? I've found that Norfolk Line are the cheapest. I can check at Edgar's where we stay in Herschbroich if he has any rooms and prices that weekend if you want? Really nice place and Edgar's really friendly and speaks decent english, also well placed too! I will have a look round while i'm there for camping information, there is a campsite across the road from the GP circuit. Also be sure to go to Sabine's Restaurant PistonKluase while you are there for Fillet Steak on a Hot Stone!! Cook it how you want it!!

paul james
04-07-07, 12:17 PM
Ive camped at the campsite nearest to the track, was cheap if I remember rightly, and there was tons of space there. Although at the time the lady at the desk didn't speak a word of English, and I don't speak a word of German, so that was fun.

craig green
04-07-07, 12:18 PM
Point & shout.. slowly!

Ojc
04-07-07, 12:27 PM
Have you booked ferries or anything yet?? Who have you gone with? I've found that Norfolk Line are the cheapest. I can check at Edgar's where we stay in Herschbroich if he has any rooms and prices that weekend if you want? Really nice place and Edgar's really friendly and speaks decent english, also well placed too! I will have a look round while i'm there for camping information, there is a campsite across the road from the GP circuit. Also be sure to go to Sabine's Restaurant PistonKluase while you are there for Fillet Steak on a Hot Stone!! Cook it how you want it!!

I have the screen for booking the ferry right in front of me now, its with Norfolk Line, leaving at 8am Friday coming back 10pm Sunday, for me and my significant other its only ?90 which is a bargain, the weekend ticket for the GP is ?144.00 for the pair of us which isn't to bad. Just need to sort out what we are doing accomodation wise. I know the missus wouldn't mind camping and neither would I. I've e-mailed Nurburgring to see how I go about doing this or if its a case of just turning up Friday afternoon and pitching the tent in a free space.

Ojc
04-07-07, 12:29 PM
Ive camped at the campsite nearest to the track, was cheap if I remember rightly, and there was tons of space there. Although at the time the lady at the desk didn't speak a word of English, and I don't speak a word of German, so that was fun.

Guten Tag, Auf Wiedersehn. Ich Mochte Pommes fritz und bon bon bitte.

I know enough to muddle through lol

andybishop
04-07-07, 01:28 PM
I have the screen for booking the ferry right in front of me now, its with Norfolk Line, leaving at 8am Friday coming back 10pm Sunday, for me and my significant other its only ?90 which is a bargain, the weekend ticket for the GP is ?144.00 for the pair of us which isn't to bad. Just need to sort out what we are doing accomodation wise. I know the missus wouldn't mind camping and neither would I. I've e-mailed Nurburgring to see how I go about doing this or if its a case of just turning up Friday afternoon and pitching the tent in a free space.

Have a look at travelling the night before and driving through the night, this is how we do it now, ferry is about ?40 and you miss Brussels ring round at evening rush hour. Plus you get some extra time there too. Good as long as you can split the drive between you.

Ojc
04-07-07, 02:33 PM
Have a look at travelling the night before and driving through the night, this is how we do it now, ferry is about ?40 and you miss Brussels ring round at evening rush hour. Plus you get some extra time there too. Good as long as you can split the drive between you.

Yeah we can split the driving. Would prefer to drive in the day time for the first time driving over there personally.