PDA

View Full Version : magic roundabout

Jenks
04-07-07, 01:39 AM
This has to be fake!! :confused: :tard:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa106/Aaron-nova/www_plus613_com_magicroundabout1.jpg

NovaLad
04-07-07, 01:40 AM
lol

Jenks
04-07-07, 01:41 AM
lol any body know if its real or not??

NovaLad
04-07-07, 01:44 AM
Have you tried looking it up on google.

EDIT: Type in funny roundabout on google images and their is loads of pics of it...

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/rndabout.jpg

gazz
04-07-07, 01:44 AM
not sure about that one but i know there is one the same lay out as that near hemel-hampsted..
it is a rite nightmare...

Jenks
04-07-07, 01:46 AM
it looks like an old pic, as thers a mk1 fiesta there and it looks mint!! must be a laugh in rush hour lol

Jenks
04-07-07, 01:50 AM
Novalad16 that looks mental, They are like those crop circles thingies; they must have been made by aliens

Ernie
04-07-07, 05:09 AM
it is real i know this as i live in swindow. It works very well but you need eye's in your **** for when people from out of town take it on lol. I will try and get some in car fotage to put up.

KPautomotive
04-07-07, 07:04 AM
There's one of those near Canvey.

Five bells roundabout.

Mega gay!

lol

joff-turbo-nova
04-07-07, 07:38 AM
I used to live in St Albans and went through Hemel Hempstead quite often.

Its a real novelty going round a roundabout either way!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/24/Magicroundabout_hemel.svg/255px-

Link here for some more info !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Roundabout_(Hemel_Hempstead)

Joff

Jack
04-07-07, 08:32 AM
Yeah thats the infamous magic rounabout in Swindon. Works quite well actually.

There's a video of it somewhere, probably on youtube, of some small cars - either smart cars or bini's - going round it in circles lol

big gra
04-07-07, 10:45 AM
i though roads around me were confusing, we have the biggest roundabout in europe near us, its 1mile to get round it!

Kinky Monza
04-07-07, 11:40 AM
I know it lol being drunk whilst a sober friend is driving round it on a friday night made me feel sick lol

bump
04-07-07, 12:53 PM
Yay, magic roundabout! It's hilarious with a 40ft trailer behind you.

Alex.
04-07-07, 01:05 PM
I can't hack roundabouts as it is!lol

Matt2107
04-07-07, 01:10 PM
it is real i know this as i live in swindow. It works very well but you need eye's in your **** for when people from out of town take it on lol. I will try and get some in car fotage to put up.

Just drive at it and don't stop... thats what I do. :D

turbojolt
04-07-07, 05:22 PM
my mums house is close to the magic roundabout in hemel and its works really well

having so many rounderbouts in one place its like being in Melton Kenn's

Philsutton
04-07-07, 05:34 PM
lmfao is it all really needed

nova ste
04-07-07, 06:00 PM
yes it is real went throgh there to pick my maresnova up hahahaha

General Baxter
04-07-07, 06:08 PM
eat my link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAztCIPo2EY

you will be singing it all night long

BigStan
04-07-07, 06:10 PM
Just drive at it and don't stop... thats what I do. :D

I tend to find that is the best approach ! lol

However although it looks quite mental it isnt that bad !

Mike
04-07-07, 06:11 PM
PMSL at the rouda bout! is there really any need!

Ash
04-07-07, 10:25 PM
eat my link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAztCIPo2EY

you will be singing it all night long

c0ck! lol

doo doo do, etc etc

draper
04-07-07, 11:44 PM
i can actually see that working very well BUT people who passed there test 15years ago dont know how to navigate mini islands

Donova
05-07-07, 11:09 PM
Went on the magic roundabout in swindon a few years ago while on holiday, found the right exit more by luck than judgement, it was 5 o'clock at night! bit of a blur reallylol

Lee
05-07-07, 11:12 PM
Its fun in the middle of the night, you just go right over the top of it lol

ade
06-07-07, 01:07 AM
i can actually see that working very well BUT people who passed there test 15years ago dont know how to navigate mini islands

easy - drive straight over the feckers!

what noob inveented that roundabout! thats an insurance companies dream!

lol

Actually you want insane filtering systems as sson as I can I'll take a picture of 2 mini roundabouts up by me - just outside a village near me called Killearn. i swear theyre about 50 yrs apart and are simply to allow 2 side streets onto a standard village road - it's not like its even a heavy traffic road. Feckin hillarious watching the local double decker bus trying to negotiate them.

there were that many cimplaints about them the council came down and just sat and took photos of peoples behaviour when they approached - the survey showed 90% of drivers - even those who turned into the streets concerned (of which one is a cul-de-sac) driving straight over them!

Cost the council ?30k to install them over 2 weeks - and yet they still cant resurface the road leading into our village 3 miles down the road which looks like something from Iraq.

:mad:

Jack
06-07-07, 10:24 AM
Double mini roundabouts are replacing staggered junctions everywhere. Why? They slow down traffic in all directions.

Most road designs these days serve the purpose to disrupt the flow of traffic. Which means slower traffic, and as we all know speed = instant cancerous flaming uber pain death for EVERYONE (plus fast cars = global warming = icebergs melt = the north floods) so the slower and more bunged up the traffic is, the safer for all of us. Hence why bus stops no long have laybys, but are usually just marked boxes in the road opposite each other. Two buses make an excellent instant traffic calming method!

Down our way they've got a real fetish for traffic lights recently. One crossroad near me has to be the dumbest layout EVER, with seriously totally random light changes, and another on a roundabout on the A303, which so far has done nothing but cause traffic jams. Having said that, the A37 - the road with the most accidents per mile in the UK apparently - is still awaiting its much anticipated and publicized "safety methods", which so far have included some very annoying, very distracting, yellow signs, warning people to WATCH OUT FOR ACCIDENTS!!!!1!!!!LOLZ!!!! Phew! I'm glad that sign is there, else I'd have driven right into someone! Which of course would be MY fault for driving a CAR on a ROAD, nothing to do with the road itself being in an appalling state of disrepair and horrendously designed, with little or no safety features on the areas that need them!

/rant

bump
06-07-07, 11:10 AM
Jack, you want to see the major roundabout near me, light controlled for vehicles for all entrances and exits, with pedestrian crossing lights on all sides, the best bit is that arn't synced. It causes total gridlock around peak times.

I'm under the firm belief that all road designers don't actually drive.

Steve
06-07-07, 11:38 AM
I remember when I went up to chris's (chunnys) to pick up sr, got totally lost only knew where to go when he said "Have you been over the magic roundabout yet?" that summed it up!

Was fun though, didnt know where I was going but just gritted my teeth and floored it! lol

Dar
06-07-07, 12:26 PM
This is one of my pet hates!!! Around my area they are quite quickly turning the roads in to some kind of automotive obstacle course. Its all done under the banner of making our roads safer, which is ****ing outrageous as far as i'm concerned. How can putting obstacles in the way of flowing traffic and also making on coming traffic face each other be safer. The people who plan these things are total retards of the highest order! Probably some ****ing care in the community guy who has been given the job. Sitting there dribbling over the paper.

As an example :- Take one normal nice fairly straight road that is in a 30 zone. Step one put in a speed camera (fair enough on this particular road and the spot they have put it). Then make the road about 2-3ft shorter in places by extending the pavement and putting a bollard in the way...right in the flow of traffic!! This puts you almost in the opposite lane and just a few meters down the road they have done the same on the other side. So you meet oncomming traffic head on. Thats a 60mph crash waiting to happen if both drivers are not breaking any law. Nice one:thumb: Prats

bump
06-07-07, 12:48 PM
I've not seen that one yet, where abouts is it?

Dar
06-07-07, 12:52 PM
Yate by the shell garage.

hendrix
06-07-07, 01:11 PM
lol yeah the roundabout does exist, just found it on google maps, zoomed in and it crashed the page lol lol lol.
Im sure traffic planners don't drive, they have done the same thing round here dar. less than 5m from a cross roads type junction. There are cars swerving all over the place. The amount of times that I have nearly been hit head on is rediculous!

bump
06-07-07, 01:22 PM
Yate by the shell garage.

Ah I don't tend to venture over that way much.