PDA

View Full Version : mount and brake Q

therealnovaboy
03-07-07, 06:14 PM
hey, i was wondering if the engine mounts for a 1.6 nova engine were the same for a 1.2. am i right in thinking the 1litre ones are diffrent. i was also wondering if the rear brakes of a 1.6 were bigger than a 1.2 or a 1 litre nova. if they are is there other cars eg astras cavaliers with bigger or the same size back drum brakes. cheers

Mike
03-07-07, 06:16 PM
all the mounts are same bar 1.0 and TD items

Rear brakes are all the same through out the nova range, and IMHO bigger rear brakes are not needed at all on a Nova regardless of engine size.

therealnovaboy
03-07-07, 06:31 PM
all the mounts are same bar 1.0 and TD items

Rear brakes are all the same through out the nova range, and IMHO bigger rear brakes are not needed at all on a Nova regardless of engine size.

oh right. what about the engine mount that goes on the gearbox, are the 1 litres the same as the 1.6. since the box is the same bar the extra gear on the end. the reason i ask is i can never get the bolt out that goes through the chassy and mount, the bolt always bonds to the aluminium and is impossible to get it out. im wondering if i can leave that one on the one litre and just use the 1 litre mount.

coombsey
03-07-07, 06:37 PM
whats the difference between them and a 1ltr

Adam
03-07-07, 06:39 PM
Its different because the 1ltr isn't a OHC, so the block is different.

coombsey
03-07-07, 06:43 PM
what do you have to do to the 1ltr one to fit an xe i have got the chris astley mount kit right hand mount and gearbox one

Mike
03-07-07, 06:45 PM
what do you have to do to the 1ltr one to fit an xe i have got the chris astley mount kit right hand mount and gearbox one

Not use the 1.0 parts at all.

Use the Chris Astley mount kit, then normal Nova mounts (NOT 1.0 or TD)

coombsey
03-07-07, 06:51 PM
so you dont have to cut the mount off the car and the mounts in the bay are the same just the one on engine is different

Adam
03-07-07, 06:53 PM
Its just the metal mount thats different, the car is the same.

coombsey
03-07-07, 06:55 PM
thank fook for that thanks