PDA

View Full Version : Orange contract deal - Worth it?? opinions please

Stanley
03-07-07, 01:52 PM
Saw an advert on telly this morning for an Orange Nokia N73 with 600 anytime any network minutes plus UNLIMITED texts a month for ?35??

I was dubious as to how they could do all that for just ?35 so ckecked and it seems above board with no hitches.

I send ALOT of texts (since the 5th of this month ive sent 1946).

Anyone wanna check it and make sure im not seeing things??

www.orange.co.uk/today

Mike
03-07-07, 01:53 PM

how you manage that? its only the 3rd today lol lol

Yeah it looks a good deal, just depends on your requirements and financial position tbh

Nick
03-07-07, 01:55 PM
Saw an advert on telly this morning for an Orange Nokia N73 with 600 anytime any network minutes plus UNLIMITED texts a month for ?35??

I was dubious as to how they could do all that for just ?35 so ckecked and it seems above board with no hitches.

www.orange.co.uk/today (http://www.orange.co.uk/today)

And you get Free Orange Broadband for your house ;)

With that contract (which i just got) you get 2mb Orange broadband which you apply for after you've got the phone. You can also pay ?5 to upgrade the broadband to 8mb with a free livebox wireless router.

Internet took 1 phone call to setup, and took about 6 days to be activated and arrive.

Oh, don't get the N73, they're ****. I got mine from a local Nokia repair shop which is also a orange dealer. He said he repairs the N series day in day out. He said get the N95 if you're gonna get one, other than that the 6300 is a great simple phone !

Stuart
03-07-07, 01:55 PM
are you a girl?

i send less than 50 texts a month lmao

I played with the N95, crashed it within 5 seconds of using it :) The birds step dad got one for business.... he sent it back and got some nokia 8xxx series thing as its better at being a phone.

Stanley
03-07-07, 01:56 PM
Lol

One of my mates says it will be on a 'fair usage' scheme.

Anyone in the know as to how much is too much??

2000 texts a month too much?

Mike
03-07-07, 02:00 PM
2000 texts a month too much?

fcuking hell yes!

My present phone (Nokia 6230) ive had since May 05, ive sent a total of 8235 from then until now!

Altho im on nearly 400hours of made/recieved calls lol

Andy_L
03-07-07, 02:06 PM

www.orange.co.uk/today (http://www.orange.co.uk/today)

Have you ever thought of phoning people?

Stanley
03-07-07, 02:08 PM
I work long hours and i can text on the sly but phoning aint so easy.

Just found this
* Offers are subject to a fair usage policy of 3000 minutes or texts each month. Usage above this amount will constitute abuse and orange may monitor usage and withdraw the Offer from customers account if the fair usage policy is abused.

Andy_L
03-07-07, 02:29 PM
I work long hours and i can text on the sly but phoning aint so easy.

Just found this

In all seriousness I play ?10 a month on ornage pay as you squalk and get free texts to anyone anytime anywhere. Don't know how I've got it though as it doesn't seem to be listed in their options in PAYG

Stanley
03-07-07, 02:38 PM
Just seems in general to be a good deal so im going to try it.

You get a 14 day money back guarantee so if ive missed sometning stupid then il just send it back. Sorted!

bump
03-07-07, 02:57 PM
In all seriousness I play ?10 a month on ornage pay as you squalk and get free texts to anyone anytime anywhere. Don't know how I've got it though as it doesn't seem to be listed in their options in PAYG

They don't want anyone else going on that now as it costs them too much.

Jack
03-07-07, 03:06 PM
I get specified 3000 anytime texts pcm for ?20 on Orange (none of this ghey weekend/evening >7pm only texterization)

3000 is their "unlimited" FAP limit though. Also bear in mind Orange have a habit of giving you paid for extras that you neither want nor ask for in the hope you will use them and cba to cancel them. They started giving me a wadge of minutes and data which doubled my bill until I rang and shouted at them lol

The "unlimited" thing really gets my back up though, why can't the ombudsman get onto them for that, as technically its misleading? ISP's do it too - I once had an "unlimited bandwidth" account with Freeserve. That was, until they wrote to me telling me my >40Gb monthly bandwidth was excessive and they'd disconnect me if I carried on. Told them to go forth and multiply, and switched to UKO lol

[edit] Are the Genie sim cards still floating around?

Alex.
03-07-07, 05:36 PM
I'm on O2 and I've found through talking to mates on various networks, O2 do the best PAYG deals. I got a sim card from my mate that was top up ?10 and get 300 free messages. GREAT!
Then they rang me a couple of months in and said "Hello Miss Boyer, do you realise you're spending on average ?70 a month on text messages?" I was like....you are joking aren't you?! She said no, so she updated my deal, and if I top up ?10 - 300 free messages. ?15 - 500 and ?30 - 1,000. But alas I usually only text one or two people now! lol

draper
03-07-07, 07:13 PM
t-mobile flex-t pay ?35 a month and get ?200 of credit

Matt2107
03-07-07, 08:17 PM
I had an unlimited text genie sim card and their unlimited level was 1000.

To be honest... I wouldnt bother with it.

peester
03-07-07, 10:52 PM
The mentioned orange offer doesnt come with broadband anymore, but 600 mins, unlimited txts yeah still available, for ?35.
O2 do 600 mins 1000 txts and free weekend calls for ?35.. so i chose that..

dave.gsi
03-07-07, 10:59 PM
top up ?10 - 300 free messages. ?15 - 500 and ?30 - 1,000. lol

thats what ive got, its an o2 genie pay as you go thing.

i also have a t-mobile contract.17.50 a month for their 'flex-t 180'

?180 credit to use as you want. ie 900 mins +900txts. never get anywere near to using it all