PDA

View Full Version : i need a welder

twin40s
03-07-07, 01:31 AM
i have started a project and need it welded i need it stich welded and my plating kit welded in also a few little bits of rust need attension i have a thead take a look its called 2 novas make 1 good in the projects section i'm in chelmsford essex if any1 can give me som prices or numbers i can ring please help as my project going nowere till this is sorted my mate said he was doing it but he taking to long to get round to it and i want my car ready for donny south no its not long away but my mate has his own spray shop so he's painting it as soon as its all welded.

bump
03-07-07, 11:53 AM
What's the budget? I could reccomend many things, but need some guidlines as to what your intending to do.

twin40s
03-07-07, 08:53 PM
well i'm lookin for prices mate to no how much to spend whats the best deal don't want a lash up thou want a good job but need it done soon don't want to travel far as nova is a striped shell now i have access to a trailer so i can get it to a work shop but in essex really and i don't understand wat u mean what am i intending to do thought i explained in the first post but here we go again i need my shell stich welded and plating kit welded in and some rust cut out and welded only a small amount as i reshelling my red top nova i have got a thead about it on here

dave.gsi
03-07-07, 09:04 PM
did you go to school?

did they teach you commas or fullstops?

twin40s
03-07-07, 09:26 PM
nah mate i was chucked out and i'm f.cking dyslex think be for you take the piss its harding nuff trying to spell

twin40s
03-07-07, 09:30 PM
if anyone would help other than mocking me i would be grateful

Ian
03-07-07, 09:50 PM
I'll help

Try here (http://www.englishlearner.com)

Thanks for reporting this post, count this as your first warning, make a ****ing effort with your spelling and grammar, or you will be banned. I don't believe for one minute you are dyslexic.

dave.gsi
03-07-07, 09:57 PM
wow your dyslexic. whoopie do you get a gold star and a badge.

how come there wasnt any dyslexics when i was at school? there wasnt any kids with a.d.d either(attention deficit disorder).

in my opinion, (your not gonna like it, but im in the mood for saying it anyway!)....

kids at school who are useless wastes of space in society, are generally nowadays given a label....a.d.d/dyslexic for example. this is done by the government/nhs so that the figures for schools dont look so bad.'yeah only 20% are achieving the required marks....but the rest have conditions affecting their learning'.

its all bollox, theres nothing wrong with you. your just lazy/fcuked around at school too much/been given a 'label' and use it as an excuse to underachieve.

and no doubt a chav too, judging by the way you havnt grasped the english language yet.

and finally, please dont reply to this in 'chav speak' or with immuture insults about my mother. it would honestly be quite interesting to hear your side of the story as to why you really believe you got thrown out of school without grasping simple sentances. :thumb:

draper
03-07-07, 10:00 PM
wow your dyslexic. whoopie do you get a gold star and a badge.

how come there wasnt any dyslexics when i was at school? there wasnt any kids with a.d.d either(attention deficit disorder).

in my opinion, (your not gonna like it, but im in the mood for saying it anyway!)....

kids at school who are useless wastes of space in society, are generally nowadays given a label....a.d.d/dyslexic for example. this is done by the government/nhs so that the figures for schools dont look so bad.'yeah only 20% are achieving the required marks....but the rest have conditions affecting their learning'.

its all bollox, theres nothing wrong with you. your just lazy/fcuked around at school too much/been given a 'label' and use it as an excuse to underachieve.

and no doubt a chav too, judging by the way you havnt grasped the english language yet.

and finally, please dont reply to this in 'chav speak' or with immuture insults about my mother. it would honestly be quite interesting to hear your side of the story as to why you really believe you got thrown out of school without grasping simple sentances. :thumb:

:thumb:

the problem with society today some may say

twin40s
03-07-07, 10:12 PM
er ok thanks for that i ain't gonna argue like a kid but i had to go out of class for help with spelling and that at school because it is hard for me.All i want is some help with my car thats why i made the thead .Banned for not been able to spell er ok i will try my best ian how was that.

NOW CAN I HAVE SOME HELP please

dave.gsi
03-07-07, 10:15 PM
^^ that is a hundred times better. people will actually be able to read it and offer advice now.

and ten out of ten for not spitting your dummy out:thumb:

twin40s
03-07-07, 10:22 PM
Now thats sorted any ideas.

dave.gsi
03-07-07, 10:24 PM
from me?.....nope

wouldnt no which end is the hot end on a welder lol

know quite a lot about education though

Stuart
03-07-07, 10:33 PM
erm get a cheap welder and have a crack at learning... atleast you'll learn a new skill.

its only a plating kit so its not got to be pretty, and a grinder + filler can make it look nice in the end.

a mig (dont bother gasless) capable of that will be about ?100...

twin40s
03-07-07, 10:36 PM
Ok well i have read i few other posts and nearly everybody says try it yourself so i think i might have to.But if somone can help me then please do cos i don't fancy burning holes in my shell.

To try myself what tools and materials do i need.

p.s i have downloaded spell checker now but it does not sort out the commers or full stops but i wll try my best with it

draper
03-07-07, 10:42 PM
get a welder ?140 from machine mart mine cost me and practice on old panels, weldings isnt that hard once the welders set-up but i find wetting it up is really difficult

Stuart
03-07-07, 10:45 PM
just crack on with a new line each time :D

mig welder, 0.6mm wire, argon gas, grinder + wire brush attachment/flappy sandpaper disc, ball peen hammer, erm erm silicone eater to get the seam sealer out.

most of that is available from screwfix fairly cheaply.

im no pro at welding but have a vauge idea whats needed lol. can take a look see once youve got the gear if you need... aslong as youre not i the middle of fecking chelmsford.

coombsey
03-07-07, 10:54 PM
ive got both gas and gasless and there both easy to use as draper said if there set up id suggest a gasless first as there prity much plug and play 2 heat settings (jcb) as gas has 8 and the wire speed a clarke te151 or some thing like that

twin40s
03-07-07, 10:57 PM
ok cheers for your help.I've just been looking at welders does it matter what amp it is.

coombsey
03-07-07, 10:58 PM
gasless are cheaper too mine was 130ish from argos a couple of years ago

Stuart
03-07-07, 11:01 PM
but gasless is utter crap....

look for 150amp ones. Places that sell sealey might have offers on.... I got a 150amp mig with mask/wire etc for ?100 a few years back

twin40s
03-07-07, 11:04 PM
I just got a door pin remover tool which was sealey and it came with a few catalogs so i will have a look.

coombsey
03-07-07, 11:09 PM
every one says that, i like gasless because i think its easyier to lug a welder plus bottle about,

brin
03-07-07, 11:52 PM
Ok well i have read i few other posts and nearly everybody says try it yourself so i think i might have to.But if somone can help me then please do cos i don't fancy burning holes in my shell.

To try myself what tools and materials do i need.

p.s i have downloaded spell checker now but it does not sort out the commers or full stops but i wll try my best with it

Spell checker usually does grammar as well.

philly
04-07-07, 01:04 AM
try it your self it you will be more appreciated for the work done.

there are a few welder sites too that give you demonstrations on how to use a mig.

bump
04-07-07, 12:51 PM
Migging is easy really, the worst thing is a crap feed, as it makes the learning process 10 times harder. Don't buy gasless as the welds are fairly poor in appearance and removing the slag is not easy off body panels (same process as MMA, hit it with a hammer, fine for an RSJ or thick box).

As for dyslexia, it is purely an attitude based thing. I was diagnosed with it and still went on to achieve a degree.