PDA

View Full Version : Making a Quick Rack

loggyboy
03-07-07, 12:31 AM
Im sure I recal someone mentioning you could make a quickrack up using corsa parts (I assume from PAS model). Is this true? If so what do i need?
If it feels too heavy I would maybe add EPAS as i already have a standard corsa column installed.

Stuart
03-07-07, 08:12 AM
for all the hassle involved, jsut track down a quick rack kit to reinstall in your current rack... its only gonna be ?80 tops.

novacabrio
03-07-07, 08:14 AM
I have one for sale, ?75

loggyboy
03-07-07, 12:37 PM
if it means a trip down a scrapyard, ?20 for bits, and a few hours work then id rather have the ?60 in my pocket.

simonr1
03-07-07, 12:51 PM
tight ass lol

Stuart
03-07-07, 01:02 PM
clearly your time is free.... awesome.

craig green
03-07-07, 03:07 PM
clearly your time is free.... awesome.

So do you invoice yourself for weekends spent for your own purpose messing with your car? :roll:

Adam
03-07-07, 03:14 PM
Your time is free, you not loosing anything by spending a bit of time making something work.

Stuart
03-07-07, 03:27 PM
no but i thinka bout something from the PoV that it costs ?80 to buy a part ready to rock and roll, OR you can spend say 2-3days farking about bodging a solution..... what if you were to have paid someone to fark about for 2-3 days? at a cheap rate of ?10 per hour... hmm thats an expensive part then.

sometimes its a false economy to try and make something nearly work half as well than it is to buy something ready made for the job for not much cash.

ok if the rack was like ?1000 and it would cost a couple of days labour to sort then yeah its worth it..... or fitting parts to your car rather than taking it to a mechanic as its definately cheaper to do then yeah. but arsing about for a laod of time for the sake of ?60... just have a night off the beer. paid for.

also he could spend the time better on something else that WOULD save money etc.... so no time isnt free, you cant earn time back lol

loggyboy
03-07-07, 09:25 PM
You are correct in saying i could easily earn ?20 an hour doing private or contract work which i do regularly, however there are many other reasons for wanting to do it, because I can, becuase i enjoy working on the car and making something work rather than just bolting it on is much more enjoyable, plus the whole car has had 'unique' (sort of) mods that set it apart and make it mine, if i can say i made up a ?10 quick rack, even if i spent a weekend doing it, that would be a good thing.

So dones any1 acctually want to answer my question about what parts id need and the work required?

paddy138
04-07-07, 06:31 PM
good comeback. ha ha stuart :L

Stuart
04-07-07, 06:51 PM
not really, i dint cry myself to sleep.... just time does need considering when someone thinks something is a "cheap" option.