tony k
02-07-07, 08:43 PM
got in touch with someone who can make carbon panels all of them
trying to get a price on separate panels

got a pic of one car i think its a peugeot front drivers door

http://i14.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/a2/94/89fe_1.JPG

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif

fronts are ?90
and all round the doors,rears,rear boot quarter panels the light resess bit you get six panels in this kit ?170
and the rear boot panel is ?35
this aint the rubbish stuff is rear carbon fibre
right i he said he could do a group buy on these 5 poeple 10%,
10 poeple or more i can get 15% will be getting some made so will check them out and get pics up aswell

BRoadGhost
02-07-07, 10:12 PM
any images of what's on offer please…?

tony k
02-07-07, 10:13 PM
will try and get some pics up very soon hes making a set for me so im going from there cheers

twin40s
02-07-07, 10:28 PM
might b interested its a good price

Mike
02-07-07, 10:29 PM
get me some pictures of what his work is like, then ill let you know

philly
02-07-07, 10:42 PM
sounds good. be interested into seeing the finished items ;)

tony k
02-07-07, 10:59 PM
ment tobe decent done a geeza`s pug looked good will try and get a pic of it

RJM25R
03-07-07, 08:48 AM
Scuttle panel?????

craig green
03-07-07, 09:13 AM
ment tobe decent done a geeza`s pug looked good will try and get a pic of it

English? :roll:

I'd be very interested assuming the pictures & quality of the finished article are upto scratch.

Mike
03-07-07, 11:11 AM
Scuttle panel?????

Get me some sheet carbon and ill make one pish easy :thumb:

Jim
03-07-07, 11:18 AM
Seems too cheap to be true.

Stuart
03-07-07, 11:23 AM
its probably cheap heavy grade CF being used... it gets more expensive the lighter the weave you go.

for std heavy 200gsm un resined carbon its approx ?35-40per sqm.

no pannels weighs less and looks cooler than even carbon ;)

Mike
03-07-07, 11:26 AM
Seems too cheap to be true.

Agreed! My rear qaurter trims cost ?200 alone!

IMO i reckon they'll be fiberglass backed panels, with carbon layered up ontop :thumb:

Mike
03-07-07, 11:40 AM
for std heavy 200gsm un resined carbon its approx ?35-40per sqm.

i get 200swg carbon twill for ?17.02 per 1/2 sqm so yeah that is about right.

Stuart
03-07-07, 12:35 PM
where do you get yours from? im trying to find something a little better than carbonology.. pm me if its a secret lol

Yalden
03-07-07, 12:41 PM
There's a useful DIY guide online, makes CF'ing look easy... I'm sure it's not though!

Mike
03-07-07, 12:43 PM
I'm sure it's not though!

Correct :thumb:

where do you get yours from? im trying to find something a little better than carbonology.. pm me if its a secret lol

PM'd :thumb:

Stuart
03-07-07, 12:53 PM
the laying up is straght forward enough...... its the mould making thats the complete whore!

Mike
03-07-07, 12:58 PM
the laying up is straght forward enough...... its the mould making thats the complete whore!

Agreed :thumb: altho for the moulds im using the original parts so ive got that bit covered lol

Altho like i said via PM, getting a totally flat surface, im finding that a little tricky.

By surface i mean like below, you can see that the visible surface is lovely and smooth:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/Picture157.jpg

tony k
03-07-07, 06:57 PM
Agreed :thumb: altho for the moulds im using the original parts so ive got that bit covered lol

Altho like i said via PM, getting a totally flat surface, im finding that a little tricky.

By surface i mean like below, you can see that the visible surface is lovely and smooth:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/Picture157.jpg

he said it propper carbon gets a deal on it or something where did you get yours then mate

twin40s
03-07-07, 08:14 PM
pic is of a corsa doorcards and this is the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220123148967&rd=1&rd=1

tony k
04-07-07, 05:26 PM
looks like a similar pic mate but he dont live far from me

tony k
04-07-07, 05:57 PM
heres a few he just sent me
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/tonysturbonova/novaset2.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/tonysturbonova/novaset.jpg

kevster
04-07-07, 06:44 PM
sweet im well up for them !!

tony k
04-07-07, 06:48 PM
got two more but wont let me load them on will try to figure it out cheers people imgoing to get a set first to see what there like then i wil let everyone know should be a couple of weeks hes just done a bonnet for a porsche gonna find out about a nova bonnet

Jim
04-07-07, 10:01 PM
It all becomes clear. In your first post you said Carbon panels. I thought you were refering to panels such as the front wings, doors, rear 1/4's, etc.

If by panels you mean door cards then the prices seem a bit more realistic.

tony k
04-07-07, 10:05 PM
yeah sorry fella should of put that in hes going to try bonnets and boots hes just done one for a porsche aint seen the finished project yet hes going to try a nova one when hes got time and spoilers

adam c
10-07-07, 12:39 AM
this still going ahead?

RJM25R
11-07-07, 08:46 AM
Scuttle panel?

hybridturbo
11-07-07, 03:32 PM
Bonnet info?

tony k
11-07-07, 07:11 PM
should be getting some bits in a couple of weeks hes little boy is ill so hes off work at the mo when my panels come i will get some better pics up

tony k
11-07-07, 07:11 PM
i will find out on otherbits aswell

mskinna
12-07-07, 10:54 AM
Hi,

I'm the guy selling the Nova door cards and carbon parts.

You can visit for more info on my products, and online ordering. Also, they're on ebay at the moment (seller ID mskinna)

If you guys want to arrange a group buy on novaload, then 10% discount for 5+ sets, 15% discount for 10+ sets.

Just to clear a few things up, these are flat carbon fibre panels. I can produce any panels like wings, dashboards, roofskins, bonnets etc in carbon. Prices for one-offs can be pretty high, but I'll normally take on the cost of moulds myself if theres a good demand (so wings etc are ?105 each, carbon bonnets ?295)

Like someone pointed out, I normally use a single skin of carbon fibre which is backed up with glass fibre. This keeps the prices down and doesnt make much difference to weight/strenght on flat panels. I can do 100% carbon fibre if you want to go racing and don't mind spending the extra. (email me for quotes).

Please please please email or call me if you have any questions or doubts, speculating on forums doesnt get anywhere! - But I do appreciate you guys showing interest. My aim is to provide each customer with their specific requirements; if you want super light for racing let me know, if you need super strong to mount speakers let me know! Cut outs for winders, latches and grab handles are available and optional.

Mike.

Stuart
12-07-07, 11:16 AM
Please contact Bottlethroddy regarding advertising...

hybridturbo
12-07-07, 01:25 PM
Hi,

I'm the guy selling the Nova door cards and carbon parts.

You can visit for more info on my products, and online ordering. Also, they're on ebay at the moment (seller ID mskinna)

If you guys want to arrange a group buy on novaload, then 10% discount for 5+ sets, 15% discount for 10+ sets.

Just to clear a few things up, these are flat carbon fibre panels. I can produce any panels like wings, dashboards, roofskins, bonnets etc in carbon. Prices for one-offs can be pretty high, but I'll normally take on the cost of moulds myself if theres a good demand (so wings etc are ?105 each, carbon bonnets ?295)

Like someone pointed out, I normally use a single skin of carbon fibre which is backed up with glass fibre. This keeps the prices down and doesnt make much difference to weight/strenght on flat panels. I can do 100% carbon fibre if you want to go racing and don't mind spending the extra. (email me for quotes).

Please please please email or call me if you have any questions or doubts, speculating on forums doesnt get anywhere! - But I do appreciate you guys showing interest. My aim is to provide each customer with their specific requirements; if you want super light for racing let me know, if you need super strong to mount speakers let me know! Cut outs for winders, latches and grab handles are available and optional.

Mike.

Contact details please :)

Stuart
12-07-07, 01:35 PM
the contact details have been removed pending his little chat with Bottlethroddy regarding advertising.

hybridturbo
12-07-07, 01:37 PM
the contact details have been removed pending his little chat with Bottlethroddy regarding advertising.

Ahh lol