PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Suspension

causerino
02-07-07, 02:46 PM
Hello Guys,

Does anyone know of a guide to read on changing the suspension on a mk1 Nova?

I have no mechanical knowledge and fancy doing things myself (and friends) instead this time.

Ste L
02-07-07, 02:51 PM
haynes manual :thumb:

causerino
02-07-07, 04:15 PM
haynes manual :thumb:

Save the trees man!!!!(save my pockets more like)

Dont fancy spending money on that just yet, wrong time of the month!

Any internet guides?

Iain
02-07-07, 04:19 PM
http://topbuzz.co.uk/ -> Modifications -> Mechanical Modifications -> Fitting a Suspension Kit

But you'll need a Haynes manual at some point in your Nova-owning life so you might as well buy one.

Andy
02-07-07, 04:23 PM
its simple really simple can transform the look and handling of your car in minutes!!!
Haynes are on egay all the time for pence!!!!!!!
Tight Wad!!!

causerino
02-07-07, 04:36 PM
its simple really simple can transform the look and handling of your car in minutes!!!
Haynes are on egay all the time for pence!!!!!!!
Tight Wad!!!

lol its 3 days after pay day and im already skint :(

This month has got me Wheels, suspension and brakes so far lol

Stuart
02-07-07, 04:43 PM
nice, someone with their prioroties all wrong :D

also hav eyou got the ?20 needed for spring compressors taht you NEED otherwise youre likely to die.

Andy
02-07-07, 04:47 PM

also hav eyou got the ?20 needed for spring compressors taht you NEED otherwise youre likely to die.

My mate did his with them still on then chopped them in halflol lol half for each sidelol its almost rigid!!!

Dar
02-07-07, 05:19 PM
Come and see me Mr Causerino. The rears are so easy that anyone could figure them out. Then just jack the front of the car up take off the two wheels undo the two bolts that attatch the strut to the hubs (each side). Undo the two nuts that hold the strut in at the top (each side). Catch them and bring them over.

What exactly are you changing?
Oh I also have a Haynes manual if you wanted to borrow itlol

causerino
02-07-07, 05:21 PM

I have friends with those types of things :D

And I thought a monkey wrench holding them while undoing the top bolt was ok? just don't point it at any one!! :tard::tard:

Timmy
02-07-07, 05:24 PM
let them fly funny as hell as they go off lol

craig green
02-07-07, 05:24 PM
FFS.

Haynes is a really good guide to doing it tbh. If you had to ask, you clearly need a manual.

The std shocks have a hex flat on the piston top which will deffo be seized into the top nut. Good luck!

Stuart
02-07-07, 07:14 PM
just use tie wraps...

causerino
02-07-07, 09:03 PM
FFS.

Haynes is a really good guide to doing it tbh. If you had to ask, you clearly need a manual.

The std shocks have a hex flat on the piston top which will deffo be seized into the top nut. Good luck!

FFS, what?

Hell Yeah, thats why I said " I have no mechanical knowledge"

Cheers Dar, I be fitting these....

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1306/697443511_a46b74cf34.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1098/698325734_440779f648.jpg

If i need any help ill let you know mate!

Dar
02-07-07, 09:59 PM
Easy to fit!
If the Nova is mobile and its not raining (My car dosen't get turfed out in the rain:p ) Then bring it around and we will have it fitted in no time:thumb:

craig green
03-07-07, 03:00 PM
FFS, what?

FFS we were spoon feeding you the suggestions & you still have the balls to question why you need a Haynes manual.

Thats all!

causerino
03-07-07, 06:12 PM
FFS we were spoon feeding you the suggestions & you still have the balls to question why you need a Haynes manual.

Thats all!

LOL!!!! I didnt question about why I would need a haynes manual, I know how important they are, but as with anyone who knows anything about the internet is that you can get almost anything you need from the internet, thus removing the point from going and buying a haynes manual.

You lot are a wealth of knowledge, seeing as im sat infront of a pc for 9 hours a day I might as well put you all good use eh??!!

causerino
03-07-07, 06:13 PM
And Cheers Dar, ill give you a shout if i take you up on your offer!

and speaking of your Nova and rain.......how was the sprint day? As wet as you expected? How did you do over last time?

Stuart
03-07-07, 06:19 PM
yes we maywell be a wealth of knowledge BUT at the same time we all respect the fact that there are about 90% of answers in the haynes manual...

Mike
03-07-07, 06:23 PM
yes we maywell be a wealth of knowledge BUT at the same time we all respect the fact that there are about 90% of answers in the haynes manual...

Nail. Head.

And the main knowledge on here is stuff that the "manual" doesnt cover :thumb: aswell stuff it does lol

causerino
03-07-07, 06:28 PM
Nail. Head.

And the main knowledge on here is stuff that the "manual" doesnt cover :thumb: aswell stuff it does lol

"manual" or "bible" ??

Yes I know I will need to purchase a Haynes Manual for future reference, but for the time being, the help I have had on here will have guided me to fitting the suspension without having to pop down on saturday morning to "Hellfrauds" or waiting for it to arrive from the postoffice who are a bit Strike happy at the moment!

Job sorted anyway guys!

:D