PDA

View Full Version : massave favour needed

feel the force
02-07-07, 12:16 AM
righ im going to ask in advance my nova comes off of the road in 2 weeks time for the rally style build,so once the strenghing kits welded in and the works done would someone with the know how come and wire me the engine in i can fit the motor but the wirings scarin the fook out of me.tea/sandwiches and ??? :roll: all included in the deal the motor is a 16xe its out of a corsa gsi on a L so no transponder key to worry bout so anyone near sheffield whos willing to help let me no :thumb: :thumb:

R1CH
02-07-07, 12:22 AM
Will you be letting the lucky person(s) feel the force ?? lol
Wiring can be quite dawnting (sp), sure someone on here will be able to give you a colour to colour explanation of what goes were.

Rich

Adam
02-07-07, 12:32 AM
Seriously, wiring is the EASY bit.

Driver
02-07-07, 07:16 AM
i could help as im only in rotherham

be poinless as i cant wire up eitha :D lol

ps wana buy another nova ?

Stuart
02-07-07, 08:09 AM
ITs like 4-6 wires to crimp together....... its not hard.

Automotive wiring is very easy, its all pre loomed up so nothing to do bar supply power, ground and a link to the fuel pump relay etc.

big gra
02-07-07, 12:00 PM
when i wired my 1.6gte into my 1.2, i had to swap tanks, run 1 wire to the battery, 1 wire to the ignition and 1 wire to the fule pump, that was it, 3 wires and i was up and running!

craig green
02-07-07, 01:12 PM
What model/spec is the car 'feel the force'?

Its 9 wires on a C16XE.

feel the force
02-07-07, 05:46 PM
What model/spec is the car 'feel the force'?

Its 9 wires on a C16XE.

hi mate its going in a 1.2 carb engine car the engine is a c16xe mechanics i have no probs with its just the wires that does me.thanks for the replys to the other people

Adam
02-07-07, 05:48 PM
Piece of piss then.
Swap tank, pump.
Fit engine.
Mod exhaust.
Wire 6/7wires into car loom.

feel the force
02-07-07, 06:34 PM
Piece of piss then.
Swap tank, pump.
Fit engine.
Mod exhaust.
Wire 6/7wires into car loom.
so do i just need the loom from the ecu to the engine nothing other than this:tard:

Adam
02-07-07, 06:35 PM
Yeah, just the complete corsa engine loom, it just unplugs from the car.

feel the force
02-07-07, 06:43 PM
Yeah, just the complete corsa engine loom, it just unplugs from the car.
so from unpluging this which wires do i need to use is it there in front of me or do i need to cut into wires i presume theres a live,neg,what are the other 5 for:confused:

Adam
02-07-07, 06:53 PM
In the corsa footwell with the ecu, there will be a 9pin black plug, unplug that then you can remove the whole engine loom.

The plug will have:
Red-Perm 12v
Black-Ign 12v
Blue-Dash coolant temp
Green-Rev counter
Blue/Red thick-Fuel pump
Blue/Red thin-Speed sensor input
Brown/Blue-ECU light on dash.
Brown/Yellow-Put to earth to flash fault codes

Thats all.

feel the force
02-07-07, 11:10 PM
In the corsa footwell with the ecu, there will be a 9pin black plug, unplug that then you can remove the whole engine loom.

The plug will have:
Red-Perm 12v
Black-Ign 12v
Blue-Dash coolant temp
Green-Rev counter
Blue/Red thick-Fuel pump
Blue/Red thin-Speed sensor input
Brown/Blue-ECU light on dash.
Brown/Yellow-Put to earth to flash fault codes

Thats all.
thank you someones starting to make sense of it all for me now hope your on hand when it all goes t1ts up when i try to fit it:eek: :eek: