PDA

View Full Version : finding a garage

chimp007_uk
01-07-07, 08:07 PM
right...

i've finished my motorsport engineering degree and had high hopes of coming home and chilling and building up a track day nova from the remainders of my road rally nova gte... then my mother had something to say :wtf:

i know some of you are of the older generation with your own homes and you can do as you will but how do the younger generation still living at home survive?? my mum converted our garage into a gym, and moans at the quantity of parts in one of our sheds, and the amount of cars on the drive, of which there are 8 lol (3 are mine, 3 are my brothers and 2 my parents). i can't strip my gte and store the parts, as there is no where to store them, and obviously can't reshell it in the drive as a lack of space.

i've tried searching the internet and local papers for a garage, but to no avale... i know i can rent one through the council, but i'm guessing thats going to be a lengthy affair!

anyone got any ideas of the best way to locate a garage??? :thumb:

Mike
01-07-07, 08:09 PM
use one of the nova's as a storage dump whilst you ebay all the parts you no longer need, with the money ebay generates, buy parts for the one nova that you are intending to keep :thumb:

chimp007_uk
01-07-07, 08:16 PM
thats what i'm doing at the mo... i only have one nova, and looking to purchase a donor soon. there is no space in the drive for another car or anywhere ot store the parts and engine.

currently, i think i hold the record for the most sh1t stored in the back of a nova:

3 exhaust systems
2 manifolds
quickrack
sump guard
tank guard
4 trackday OZ wheels and tyres for my opel manta
5 alloys for my opel manta
3 backboxes
half roll cage
5 nova gte alloys and tyres
few little bits and full interior

if anyone is looking for a set of nova 3spokes i have a couple of sets...

you see my problem, i dont want to sell those parts as they are needed, i need a car to transfer everything to, so i can then scrap the gte...

philly
01-07-07, 08:19 PM
is there a "safestore" near you..

they do car storage at a fairly resonable rate, 24 hour security too.

look on there website to see if one near you.

Andy
01-07-07, 08:30 PM
I have a decent shell if that helps..........if ya interested???

chimp007_uk
01-07-07, 08:32 PM
i'll have a look now cheers for that!!

i was looking at your shell, was really interested, but its funds at the mo. just come out of uni, and got an op on my shoulder on friday so no work for me... shame :(

chimp007_uk
01-07-07, 08:33 PM
just looked at safestore, the nearest one is 150miles away :(

Andy
01-07-07, 08:34 PM
Join the unemployed clublol mines not through injury thoughlol

chimp007_uk
01-07-07, 08:43 PM
anyone know if i cvan claim benefits or dole etc??? i don't know what the time period is after uni...

Andy
01-07-07, 08:45 PM
you can probably claim incapacity benefit,same as dole just means ya need a sick note off ya quack and dont have to endure the scum ridden dive that is your local JC to give your autograph!lol

chimp007_uk
01-07-07, 09:05 PM
nice... sounds like you're enjoying it! i'll have a search of the net...

craig green
01-07-07, 09:37 PM
Council garages can be snapped up pretty quickly apparently in some cases.

You might aswell join the queue sooner rather than later & be pleasantly surprised maybe?

The other option is start driving a Transit van & carry all yer spares about the place with you. No longer your Mums problem!

chimp007_uk
01-07-07, 10:07 PM
yeh, i guess you're right...

i did find one in the 2hours i've been searching on the net... round the corner from me, but it's been on the site a while, so we shall see... ?11 a week :)

transit isn't really an option lol looking to get a 1.9tdi around sept time once a job is secured, easy 180bhp and 455Nm, oh yeh :D