PDA

View Full Version : 1989 1.2l

dannyboy1986
01-07-07, 12:45 AM
Hi all, my ancient mk1 Nova is starting to feel the effects of time i think - mileage is ok at 70,000 but starting to run a bit slower than before (if possible in a 1.2!!!) Just wondering if its worth taking it for a service and having it set up to run better etc? Dont really know much about it in terms of where to take it or rough price guide - any advice would be lovely!

Also been reading a few posts about people trying to get a bit extra nippy-ness out of their 1.2's, with 32/34 Weber carbs and inlet manifolds etc?? Is this a relatively simple way to do it and is it really worth it?!

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Danny.

Nobby
01-07-07, 05:37 PM
Hi mate for whats its worth your better off forgeting the 1.2 and just having a 1.4 or 1.3 lump out of the sr. It probably needs a good service but if you took it to a garage to be done its going to cost as much as buying a sr lump and getting someone to fit it lol just give it a small service yourself easy enough just oil, oil filter, plugs, air filter and fuel filter. where are you from? sure someone could help......

dannyboy1986
01-07-07, 05:51 PM
Yeah i wouldnt mind dropping in a better engine, just a case of finding a decent one and then getting someone to fit properly! How do you reckon it would cost for a 1.3sr engine and having it fitted? Im from Norwich by the way :)