PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

NovaHopeful
30-06-07, 05:03 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a 1.4 SR bottom end with a Mk1 Astra 1.3 ported and polished head & inlet manifold. It has a carb on it from a tranist or something at the mo, but would like to change this to something a little more vauxhall to get a induction kit or bolt on filter to fit.

Anyone got any ideas as to what to fit, as I do not really want to change the inlet manifold as it has been ported and polished.

Cheers

big gra
30-06-07, 05:04 PM
fit a 1.3sr carb,, or get a webber 32/34 carb but make sure its jetted for a 1.3!

and never heard of a carb off a transit on a nova!!

NovaHopeful
02-07-07, 09:05 AM
I wasn't sure about this eaither? that is what the guy told me when i bought it?

The carb has 'webber' fitted on it, but I am not sure what it is from, if I post a pic, could someone offer advice?

Thanks

Chris

big gra
02-07-07, 11:13 AM
a webber from a transit??? thsi is getting a bit wierd!

Stuart
02-07-07, 11:43 AM
old transits used to have carbs too you know...

you want something a bit more "vauxhall" but youre willing to buy a weber... which is not vauxhall. They merely made a part that motormanufacturers adapted their inlets to fit.... big deal, dont be so narrow minded and gay

Andy
02-07-07, 11:54 AM
old transits used to have carbs too you know...

you want something a bit more "vauxhall" but youre willing to buy a weber... which is not vauxhall. They merely made a part that motormanufacturers adapted their inlets to fit.... big deal, dont be so narrow minded and gay

Thats right the old 2litre pinto transits had single choke webers fitted i got given one before by a lad saying he had it on his 13 Srlol

NovaHopeful
02-07-07, 01:11 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for the info, I wanted to get a different carb as I am having trouble getting a k&n to fit, and also this one has the choke removed, making it difficult to start. I thought something more standard or something that is more popular may be better.

Thanks guys

Andy
02-07-07, 01:20 PM
Yeah theres the pierburg 2e3 off the 13's and 14's the auto choke goes then it wont start 'cos its too hot.......get a 32/34.....it says Weber on it:thumb: lol

Pigeonrat9
04-07-07, 03:48 PM
I'll bet it's a Weber 36TL, I had one as a genuine single-choke Weber conversion kit on my 1.2. Apparently Weber supplied this same carb to loads of different models...