PDA

View Full Version : nova gsi/gte - engine into nova sr?

lee_edwards
30-06-07, 02:59 AM
right well the Q above basically:

whats do i need from engine to fit it into my nova?
i dont wanna spend much on the sr engine so i might aswell put one of these engines in (this is for road rallying)

could someone tell me exactly what i will need to get and need to do to fit a nova gsi/gte engine?

also if anyone knows of an engine for sale let me know ;)

Iain
30-06-07, 10:36 AM
You'll need the engine itself, its loom, and an MPI fuel tank and pump (Anything else I've forgotten?). I've asked about GTE engine wiring before and got some good help, you can see the thread here (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78854).

big gra
30-06-07, 10:49 AM
i just put a 1.6 gte engine in my nova last week, was the best thing i ever did! if you can find someone who is breaking the car then you can get all the bits you need which is,,,

fuel tank either with intank pump or pump just outside the tank

the engine itself with the engine loom, ecu, maf sensor etc

the radiator i think!

then you wire the engine loom in, for me was just 3 wires, ignition live, constant live and ful pump! you will have to run fuel lines but thats pretty easy! then go race!

hughesthelegend
30-06-07, 10:54 AM
alright mate hope this helps, fuel injection fuel tank and pump not carb cos you need the swirl pot,two fuel lines cos you need the return line,fuel filter, complete wiring loom and ecu and the engine thats basically it, the gsi or gte will fit with same sr engine mounts and sr driveshafts unless you want to put gsi or gte driveshafts on but waste of time really. then tart it up a bit with full exhaust system, 4 branch manifold, cam and pulley, cold air induction kit. you might need an engine hoist i used a couple of my mates and we lifted the car over the sr engine then slide the gsi engine under and jacked it up but thats a bit much! lol. its just the wiring thats a pain i got a mate who is an electrician to do it, then fuel lines are easy and just change the tank, the return goes from car to tank the other line goes tank to filter to pump if i remember but i could be wrong. you can use the same sr brakes but i would get 2.0ltr brakes cos they are immense mate, i had a few problems with my gear linkage it kept popping out not good when you nutting it in fourth and you got to drive all the way home in fourth gear!! lol. hope that helps a bit and if it doesnt sorry for rambling on mate.

bigbened
30-06-07, 01:27 PM
dont meen to hijack but is it the same for the 16v unit?

Iain
30-06-07, 01:30 PM
^That just reminded me, I believe the SR and GTE/GSi exhaust manifold are at different angles so you'll need a different system to suit the new manifold.

The 16v is different to both SR and GTE/SRi too I think.

Mike
30-06-07, 01:32 PM
^That just reminded me, I believe the SR and GTE/GSi exhaust manifold are at different angles so you'll need a different system to suit the new manifold.

The 16v is different to both SR and GTE/SRi too I think.

i had no problems with my SR manifold onto a GSi engine?

16v conversion you have to mod the manifold though

Stoo
30-06-07, 01:33 PM
i fitted a complete GSi/GTE exhaust system to my SR No probs

Iain
30-06-07, 01:36 PM
Oh right I meant the SR system he'll currently have won't fit a GTE/GSi manifold. So he'll have to use the SR manifold on the GTE/GSi engine (which I wasn't sure if it fitted or not so I didn't say) or get a new GTE/GSi system to match the manifold the engine may come with.

Just thought I'd bring it up before he puts it in and it doesn't line up.

Adam
30-06-07, 02:41 PM
As Iain said, a SR system wont fit a gte/gsi downpipe.

big gra
30-06-07, 04:42 PM
i fitted my 4 branch manifold off my 1.4 no problem!

Adam
30-06-07, 04:48 PM
Ye it will fit the engine itself.
But not the system.....

You would need fit the sr manifold to the gte engine.

lee_edwards
30-06-07, 08:06 PM
ok people thanks for all the Q's

i have already got 2L brakes and there good.

this egine is begining to be a **** lol. missing etc.. so im thinking save the hassle and jump put a 1.6 8v in.

so i need:

engine
loom
ecu
box
tank
and filter

big gra
30-06-07, 08:37 PM
any problems mate, just ask and someone will help!! were abouts are you?

Mike
30-06-07, 08:56 PM
dude there well easy to fit, i am literally coming to the end of a 1.0 to 1.4SR and then too 1.6 GTE engine conversion. There not hard at all

big gra
30-06-07, 08:59 PM
dude there well easy to fit, i am literally coming to the end of a 1.0 to 1.4SR and then too 1.6 GTE engine conversion. There not hard at all

haha lmao i went from 1.2, to 1.4, now 1.6!! but im still wanting an let!!

Mike
30-06-07, 09:10 PM
haha lmao i went from 1.2, to 1.4, now 1.6!! but im still wanting an let!!

lol the 1.0 was what was originally in the shell i bought, i started off with an SR :thumb:

lee_edwards
01-07-07, 12:44 AM
ok thanks..

any one have a wire diag?

or a colour match?