PDA

View Full Version : FAO 1.6 16v Owners

Anonymous
19-03-02, 11:18 AM
I attempt my first engine conversion on bank holiday monday (god help me!) it's an early type Corsa Gsi engine going in, If anyone has done this conversion I would greatly appreciate a couple of answers to the questions below.

On region 3's web site it says fit Nova alternator and Nova Gsi bottom end pulley and belt to suit, I assume this means the Nova Drive belt rather than the Corsa one?

Also does any one know the location of the Lambda sensor? Apprently it's located in the manifold if so thats good news.

If you know anything else that could be useful please just post it here for me.... Kinda regards
Dan

About as welcome here as a fart in a space suit...

Anonymous
19-03-02, 11:37 AM
The lambda sensor normally just screws into the exhaust mainfold, looks kinda like a spark plug. To do the conversion you'll have to cut n shut the exhaust mainfold to suit the nova, or just be lazy and get some of that flexy pipe stuff. Where bouts is southampton do you live? if you need a hand, i've got fcuk to do all monday.

Anonymous
19-03-02, 12:21 PM
Well Actually from Eastleigh, you know where Halifords/Matalan/Tiles are us etc near there. I will be doing the conversion "HOPEFULLY" in my mates work garage, which is in sholing, near the docks next to Ocean Villiage.

Thanks for the info on the sensor, I have found out it's defo loctaed on the manifold, so that saves me welding it into the exhaust system etc.

As for the manifold, you have to adjusted it so it matchs the GSi downpip don't you?

Regards Mate
Dan

Anonymous
20-03-02, 10:48 AM
nope, u dont haveto do a thing, if get a gte exhaust system, or gsi/sri, along with the downpipe it will fit on no problems. The 16v manifold fits fine onto these downpipes!!

Anonymous
20-03-02, 03:21 PM
OK mate thanks for that, I have a GSi exhaust sitting in the boot of my car so all looks OK

;)