PDA

View Full Version : mtec shafts and hubs info

tony k
29-06-07, 06:13 PM
right my mate has got a set of mtec shafts and hubs for me but they need cv`s what ones fit these shafts and hubs just saves me buying a set of them

gazz
29-06-07, 06:18 PM
i'm assuming it's the cv's off the cav gsi/

Mike
29-06-07, 06:19 PM
mk2 cav 1.6's IIRC?

blue_peg_16v
29-06-07, 06:24 PM
mtec ones use the same as an astra gte/gsi, cavy or calibra ones are the same too

R1CH
29-06-07, 06:25 PM
If there M-Tech shafts and hubs then you'll need the big CV's from an Astra GTE / GSi, Cav GSI ect ... If you get outer CV's with ABS rings then you need to remove them as they foul the steering knuckles, i think that your supposed to use a washer / spacer between the outer Cv & bearing but not 100% sure.

Rich

Dar
29-06-07, 06:26 PM
Isn't the MTec stuff 2.0 inner and outers? Hence the need for new hubs as well. If it is then you can get the CV's for any 2.0 Vaux Cav or indeed Calibra. The ones without the ABS ring would probably be cheaper.

I'm a bit slow then! R1ch you are also right you will need some little spacers because they foul. I just ground mine down a bit to get them to fit but I wouldn't reccomend it.

mayhem
29-06-07, 06:32 PM
mtech has both. when using 2.0 cv and hubs you need a spacer ring. i got no probs with abs ring btw.

don't know about the uk version, here in the netherlands mtech only sells hubs for 2.0 cv's.
and shafts for nova wheelside and bigblock gearbox side.

tony k
29-06-07, 07:25 PM
i was going to get a set off rallyman but my mate phoned me today and said i could have them the thing is he dropped one of them and has nackerd the thread on it so i thought if ive got to get one i might aswell ge them both so whats this with the the best ones to get then there whats the abs rings dont understand and where does the spacer ring go