PDA

View Full Version : good modifing and bad modifing

moffat
29-06-07, 05:16 PM
does anyone know what good mods there is for a 1.2 nova 3dr hatchback in red. as i am i5 and getting a car soon i need some tips on how to make a nova look good.

chheers craig:)

Mike
29-06-07, 05:19 PM
GSi kit, speedlines and a fake roll cage, youll fit right in here lol

Iain
29-06-07, 05:30 PM
Just do simple stuff like remove the bumpstrips, colour coding, GSi/GTE spoiler (depending on what mk your Nova is), Vauxhall alloys, lowering... Easiest way to make it look good IMO.

moffat
29-06-07, 05:40 PM
i hope to get a mk2 red nova and i was thinking of fitting irmscher softstars in grey

Dan 130
29-06-07, 05:59 PM
sounds like a good start check out cesaro alloys in the search tab imo best suited to a nova

moffat
29-06-07, 07:00 PM
forgot to mention i was speaking to a guy that has a 2.0 litre track car and i will be getting Gsi front and rear bumbers

Dave.
29-06-07, 08:48 PM
good:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/x_novadose_x/krob.jpg

very very very very very bad:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/x_novadose_x/3461_1.jpg

catch on? lol
stay away from floppy fiberglass kits.. go for a gsi replica or sri replica.. much better imo

dave.gsi
29-06-07, 10:42 PM
simple formula....

for everything you put on, take two things off. you cant go wrong.

eg. you put on a splitter, lose the badges on the boot and the rubstrips.

less is more nowadays

big gra
30-06-07, 12:36 AM
go for the standard look!! lowered with tasteful alloys is what you need, stay clear of bodykits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
30-06-07, 12:39 AM
simple formula....

for everything you put on, take two things off. you cant go wrong.

eg. you put on a splitter, lose the badges on the boot and the rubstrips.

less is more nowadays

put your alloys on, lose the Type R silver window wipers and plastic numberplate surrounds :thumb:

moffat
01-07-07, 05:04 PM
cheers for the advice lads all a need know is a nova lol and how do you take badges of

craig green
01-07-07, 05:45 PM
badges come off with a hair dryer & plastic ruler or similar...

Agree on the above. Just choose a nice colour 3dr & lower it on some GM 15inch wheels. Spend all your spare time cleaning every part up under the wheel arches & bonnet & you are onto a winner.

Plenty of budget project owners get drawn into modifying & end up spending money on the wrong parts, like mk1 exhausts on mk2s which never sit right, or putting on worn out parts at the expense of handling etc.

My last K reg 1.2i was lowered -60mm on 15inch Cav GSi wheels & looked superb IMO. The colour was Satin Red & the Black wheels really set it off.

I smashed it up though sadly which means I havent any decent pics of it. I do have one though showing the damage & a really sweet little car looks ruined. lol

Whatever car you get though, go to the effort of putting a set of SR seats in it. It transforms the driving experience & your potential to put it through bends!

moffat
01-07-07, 05:57 PM
chhers craig green really usefull idvice i hope to get a red mk2 nova and put cavvy gsi wheels on it but money will tight until i get a job when i turn 16 and get a 50cc scotter.

craig green
01-07-07, 06:13 PM
Just take your time then. The top, best Novas are appreciated by the attention to detail & restarint against lairy body kits & silly wheels that dont fit etc. Dont get me wrong, Cav wheels wont win any trophies but most Jap influenced or fibreglass looking monstrocities are usually sniggered at, & looked over in amusement when parked at shows etc.

Photobucket is slow as today but I'll put in some pics of simple, effective styled Novas that look good.

Putting on mk1 front end (lights, grille & bumper) is something rarely seen nowadays.

moffat
01-07-07, 06:17 PM
cheers m8 you got any parts for sale