PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp washers

Jack
29-06-07, 02:21 PM
Seen as I have a saloon with no rear wash/wipe, my screen wash bottle only has one tube for the front windscreen. Does the hatchback item have two pumps, one for front and one for back, or one pump with two outputs?

I was thinking about getting one and re-routing the output for the rear washer to the front bumper area to act as a headlamp washer. If so...

A) How should I connect the washer jets to the hose? One length of hose with two jets on it, or does it need to be split via a Y piece to get an even water spray?

B) Can I wire a separate push button for the washers? I don't really want the headlamp washers on the wiper stalk.

Mike
29-06-07, 03:41 PM
get a pump with a double outlet, like most hatchbacks with rear wash/wipe, then just re-route the hoses to the front :thumb:

Use Astra GTE headlamp washer units too, also found on Cav GSi's IIRC

You can wire the washers in seperatly dead easy, switch the live wire, then use a normal earthed return wire. Simple RJ ;)

Matt2107
09-07-07, 01:16 PM
Don't do it Jack.... I don't see the point unless your gonna rig some mini wipers on there too.

Just get a bottle of washer fluid and pour it out the window lol

Jack
09-07-07, 01:47 PM
Headlamp wipers are for homos and old men in Volvos. The washers on my celica lights are tres useful and quite effective, and don't have any wipers.

Ste L
09-07-07, 02:02 PM
just hook them up to the same as the window screen one, then it will wash both windscreen and headlights at same time..

and its also less ****ing about, for someone lazy like you lol

draper
09-07-07, 06:39 PM
why will it need to wash the headlamps, it'll never move :p

get some fancy pop-out ones :thumb:

Jack
09-07-07, 06:39 PM
it moves when I push it :p