PDA

View Full Version : X16XE mods

hendrix
29-06-07, 01:38 PM
Will be starting to rebuild the x16xe engine over the next couple of months and was wondering what can be done to the standard engine whilst its in bits. I was thinking of changing the piston rings, hone-ing (sp), port/polish/skim the head and new stem seals. Anything else?

Any ideas roughly what the power output would be coupled with a mantzel style inlet (would I need a remap for this?)and a 4 branch??

Thanks

Adam
29-06-07, 01:51 PM
You dont NEED a remap, but its best with one.
10/15hp gain with just the inlet, 20ish with a remap(altho they cost quite a bit) That with the 4branch people usually see about 125/130hp.

The standard head is fine for your mods tbh, good valve sizes as std.

If you have to skim the head, have the tiniest amount taken off(to get it flat) as these engines run quite a high compression ratio as standard.

hendrix
29-06-07, 02:11 PM
where would be the best place to get a re-map? would that be using the standard ecu? expensive??
130hp sounds nice to me :thumb:

Adam
29-06-07, 02:41 PM
About ?400 at some places.
Quite a lot of places do them, most that map aftermarket ecu's can do them. Jamsport etc.

Yeah, its just a flashed program put on the ecu.

hendrix
29-06-07, 03:55 PM
Cheers Ad, big help as per usual!
Might put some cams in while its all in bits..

Adam
29-06-07, 04:10 PM
264deg cams are the max on standard pistons without having to deepen the valve pockets.

Ive got very mild Kent cams in mine, there a tad pointless tbh, but i fitted them because i had them,Lol.