PDA

View Full Version : Lourved bonnet

Mike
28-06-07, 01:50 PM
Reet, got a lourved bonnet, which is nice, but the only thing is, whats the deal with these? Doesnt the rain water pish in and soak induction kit/coil pack?

Not good? Im thinking about rivetting some stainless steel panels to the bonnets frame, thus creating a 1inch gap and covering the coil pack/air filter and hopefully the water will hit the steel, run off it thus missing the important bits?

Any ideas?

Heres the panel thats causing the issues....

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/bonnet2.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/bonnet1.jpg

5_door owner
28-06-07, 03:23 PM
the way there facing looks as if there there to let out the heat from the bay, so covering them would effectively leave them just for show, if your ok with this as you say make some water run off plates for them, could look good in chrome under the bonnet

Mike
28-06-07, 03:25 PM
the way there facing looks as if there there to let out the heat from the bay, so covering them would effectively leave them just for show, if your ok with this as you say make some water run off plates for them, could look good in chrome under the bonnet

einstein lol

Thats why my plan is to rivet plates to the bonnet shell, thus leaving a gap of around 1inch between said plate and bonnet skin, said plate will be made to size so they cover the coil pack an air filter :thumb:

5_door owner
28-06-07, 03:28 PM
einstein lol

Thats why my plan is to rivet plates to the bonnet shell, thus leaving a gap of around 1inch between said plate and bonnet skin, said plate will be made to size so they cover the coil pack an air filter :thumb:

cheecky feck lol

sounds like a plan then, u keeping it as is? would look nice with a GM montery vent in the middle :thumb:

Mike
28-06-07, 03:30 PM
cheecky feck lol

sounds like a plan then, u keeping it as is? would look nice with a GM montery vent in the middle :thumb:

lol lol lol

yeah keeping it as it is, it only cost me ?30 so more vents are more money and more hassle lol

Jack
28-06-07, 06:50 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/CCUK/28052006.jpg

As you can see, thats right over my turbo and exhaust manifold heatshield, and no problem with water in engine bay. So I don't think your cheesegraters will pose an issue :p

Adam
28-06-07, 06:52 PM
Turbo is not going to be bothered with a few drops of rain tho.

Ignition coil/module is.....

Jack
28-06-07, 07:28 PM
Bling covers on the electrical jazz and all is good :thumb:

[edit] My alternator is just to the left of my oil dipstick as well btw :D

Mike
28-06-07, 09:28 PM
Bling covers on the electrical jazz and all is good :thumb:

[edit] My alternator is just to the left of my oil dipstick as well btw :D

You drive Jap tho. Take that Hi-Lux on Top Gear for example, a Toyota, water, sea, fire, explosion & general sycotic behavior did not stop that.

Now, the humble Vauxhall Nova - 12Hours in the sea and all that would be left would be a stainless steel exhaust tip :thumb:

Jack
29-06-07, 09:55 AM
lmfao... true tho, my gearbox is just a container full of sheared teeth and broken cogs with the odd remnant of synchro mesh. But it still works. You can't kill a Toyota lol

corsa_valver
29-06-07, 10:23 AM
ive got a louvered wing and louvered bonnet on mi corsa, wing doesnt actually do ewt cus inner wing there, left hand side leaks on filter and dont ink rite hand does ewt jus goes on abs lol,im doing the spacer plate thing as mi last filter went rusty on the mesh

Mike
29-06-07, 03:45 PM
ive got a louvered wing and louvered bonnet on mi corsa, wing doesnt actually do ewt cus inner wing there, left hand side leaks on filter and dont ink rite hand does ewt jus goes on abs lol,im doing the spacer plate thing as mi last filter went rusty on the mesh

Can i have that in English (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARy47F-y9XU) please :tard:

NovaLad
29-06-07, 04:39 PM
I've got a lourved wing and lourved bonnet on my corsa. The wing doesn't actually do anything Because the inner wing is there. The left hand side leaks on the air filter but i don't think the right hand side does anything apart from goes on the abs. I'm doing the spacer plate thing aswell as my last air filter went rusty on the mesh.

I think it was supposed to say something like that ... But not 100% sure.