PDA

View Full Version : -60mm coil spring touching

Anonymous
18-03-02, 10:03 AM
my 20 month old -60mm spring are touching each other cause a loud harsh bang from the littest crack in the road to be heard althrough the car!
Do those rubber spring asisters work or will they just break up in months!
or should I just go and get a pair of new -40mm front springs?big new speed ramps at work mean have to rase car 20mm+

Anonymous
18-03-02, 04:11 PM
from my experience its normally the damper bottoming out wen u hear bangs over bumps. have u changed these to the correct ones for the springs?

-------------------
[-devil.jpg-]kev@novaload.net

Anonymous
18-03-02, 11:00 PM
its the shocks alright. not every shock is abble for a 60mm drop. try a bilstein, doesn't even have to be ajdustable :D

Anonymous
19-03-02, 03:03 PM
nope not them the shocks are bilstein so it has to be springs, as the side it's coming from he coils touch (nearly all of them)where as the other side where there is no noise they are not!
Spoken to some guy at the tuning web site and he seems to agree!
a mate of mine hasjus old me it happend to his corsa 1.6 sport with rock hard set up and the his came off wih three cracks you could almost put a screw driver through!(oh well have to raise the car any way o get in to git car park at work!

Anonymous
19-03-02, 03:04 PM
a mate of mine hasjus old me it happend to his corsa 1.6 sport with rock hard set up and the his came off wih three cracks you could almost put a screw driver through!(oh well have to raise the car any way o get in to git car park at work!