PDA

View Full Version : engine & loom

philthepill_389
27-06-07, 01:01 PM
i have a vauxhall nova gsi 1.6 8v engine gear box loom etc and i want to transplant it in to a corsa 1.6 16v. what will i have to do with the loom side of things i know the engine drops straight in but will the loom be hard. do i strip all the corsa loom out and use the nova loom :confused:

any help thanks

alan b
27-06-07, 01:44 PM
the corsa engine loom is easy to remove. the only wires going onto the car loom are all on one black plug beside the ecu its only about 8-9 wires. take out your corsas engine loom and cut off this plug. use the novas ecu and engine loom. then join up the wires on your nova loom to where ya cut off the plug. like managment light(brown/yellow i think). rev counter(green). ignition live(black). earth(brown). permanant live(bigish red). fuel pump.(red/blue). you can use your corsas charging loom eg the wires for the starter and alternator theyll work on the nova engine. i defo missed a few things but thats most of it anyway!

craig green
27-06-07, 02:21 PM
Quite why you want to step backwards is beyond me, but yes 7 wires will run the GSi 8v.

Adam
27-06-07, 03:01 PM
In the corsa footwell, find the 9pin black plug, cut the plug off then join the wires colour for colour to the gte/gsi engine loom.

Im with craig on this tho, seems a bit of a pointless move tbh.

philthepill_389
27-06-07, 03:08 PM
the reason why is because i have 120bhp 1.6 8v engine with no car so it easyer to pick up a corsa then a nova and this one has a broke engine so its cheap so i can use the corsa car loom and the novas engine bay loom

thanks for ya help