PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 spi problem

db_1.2
27-06-07, 09:27 AM
Yesterday afternoon i went out to clean my car at the car wash which is a few miles away, the car drove there fine, then i cleaned it, then it started and i started driving home, it started running really poor and the throttle was all or nothing, so i took it home, took the filter off and it looks like its flooding and the only real induction is through where the automatic choke is, and smoke is coming back up through the inlet, this happened to me on my last spi and turnt out to be broken up cat blocking up the exhuast, but this one has the cat removed, so what could it be? Stuck valve maybe?

alan b
27-06-07, 01:46 PM
this happened my old spi too. i changed the engine before i found the problem. mine was that the inside of the rotor arm had worn and it was loose! causing the iqnition timing to go spa!

Adam
27-06-07, 03:01 PM
Autoomatic choke? There aint one.
Theres just the throttle body.

How do you mean it looks like its flodding?

db_1.2
27-06-07, 04:08 PM
Bloody things alright now! I dont think it was the ignition cus the injector was just chucking in loads of petrol, but i left it overnight, started it, still dodgey and kept stalling, and then i got home and it idles fine again! But i would still like some suggestions to what it is.

Adam
27-06-07, 06:25 PM
The injector does chuck in petrol? Thats its job?

db_1.2
27-06-07, 11:07 PM
not like a tap it shouldnt

LUV2XLR8
28-06-07, 12:02 PM
same happend to my 1.2 spi, water in the fuel system, had to get a new TB