PDA

View Full Version : floods

Driver
27-06-07, 07:27 AM
i know this didnt hit alot of people but im in rotherham and saw the brunt of it.

i live ont he main road where if ulley burst its dam ill get covered with 2 billion tons of water which gets to me via the sewage plant so i will litteraly bu up "**** creek"

anyway got a few pics
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/nathandriver/flood002.jpg
police land rover

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/nathandriver/flood004.jpg
liquid nightclub carpark

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/nathandriver/flood005.jpg

anyone got any worse ?
corner of a road where theres a few shops and a building site

Stuart
27-06-07, 08:31 AM
its "god" (lmao) purging the north.... yay

BigStan
27-06-07, 08:41 AM
lol Liquid nightclub seems so right now lol

Jack
27-06-07, 08:54 AM
Nice warm sunny day in Somerset :D

Ernie
27-06-07, 09:53 AM
so has it been raining then ?
Hope it all gets sorted mate and there will be a hose pipe ban soon to make up for it.

Andy
27-06-07, 12:11 PM
I live in hull which was hit hard,my homes destroyed its bollox man i mean 10 years ago you used to see the drains reguarlarly being maintained and now yorks water have just left it thinking it will be ok and now this happens i estimate it to cost around 15k to put it right in my house and to make matters worse my mate came to rescue me and my family in his land rover and the pigs wouldnt let him down the street til id "proved" i was being rescued! total farce!!!!

FB_evolutions
27-06-07, 12:19 PM
bloody hell thats bad im - im so glad i live in the hills my first thing i would do is get my car to high ground

Andy
27-06-07, 12:26 PM
I had to jack them both up round the back which was about 2ft deep,i am now in the dries of sunny,well not so sunny now scarborough at my mrs.
My mate towed us to dry roads then we drove rest of the way,cars were hydraulicising outside my house, had to pick my little bro up from school and was wading up to my waist,had to carry him on my shoulders.Still spared an hour to get the dinghy out though! much to the amusement of my neighbours!!!!

Jack
27-06-07, 12:29 PM
Heh, I remember seeing a shot of a red telephone box on BBC news last night (apparently the floods have given people cancer) and thought hmm, if my Celica was parked next to that it would be completely submerged - all you'd see is an aerial poking up lol

I don't fancy having to pay a home insurance premium after this.... I wonder how many insurance companies are gonna go bust.

Matt2107
27-06-07, 01:15 PM
i mean 10 years ago you used to see the drains reguarlarly being maintained and now yorks water have just left it thinking it will be ok and now this happens

It would have happened whether they maintained the drains or not as it was a freak amount of rainfall.

I'd get used to it as it'll probably happen every year from now on.

They'll just blame it on global warming when its actually the earth's natural cycle.

Andy
27-06-07, 03:33 PM
It wouldnt matt cos parts of hull flooded not so bad then after a few hours the water went,ive just spoke to my dad whose still at my house in hull and he said its still the same,global warming or weather not to blame its the greedy council making cutbacks on drain maintenance!!!

Stuart
27-06-07, 03:44 PM
i guess if it makes you feel better to blame someone lol.

the bbc floods cause cancer

Andy
27-06-07, 04:03 PM
They have almost all but admitted liability.......when you have been through something like that i cant tell you how much you appreciate clean water,shower,working toilet etc.Everyday things that are taken for granted

Driver
27-06-07, 05:01 PM
im just pissed off because ulley dam didnt blow ide of loved to see 2 billion tons of water flowing through rotherham lol

on a more serious not RIP all the flood victims.

were gettign sorted now aqnd traffics ont he move, even though the local bridge has moved 6 inch somewhere :S lol

Mike
27-06-07, 05:17 PM
Ill be keeping my eyes open on the salvage auctions over the coming weeks :D

Loads of flood damaged cheap motors :thumb:

General Baxter
27-06-07, 05:49 PM
andy stop moaning you got a TD, fit a snorkel to it lol