PDA

View Full Version : W.I.P Thread *New* Mk2 Nova 1litre.

puss puss
27-06-07, 12:58 AM
Hey my names nathaniel am doing a merchanics course at suffolk college i enjoy that a lot and have just finished but will be going back for a second year. :thumb:

I have a vauxhall nova mk2 1.0 litre life, i passed my driving test june 18th so i have been out and about ipswich getting use to the roads.

Heres a couple of pictures.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5197/picture009fl2.jpg

thats how she stands to date but without the wheel trims i also fitted cab gsi slabs for a sort period of time but they rubbed due to 55 profile tyres here is some pictures.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1097/picture019yo3.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9836/picture020ao9.jpg

I have a song xlpode headunit up front with infinty commponment speakers ill get some pictures up of them small.

I have changed both front calipers including brake pads with standard front calipers here is a couple of pictures showing you.
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4976/picture021pb7.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/39/picture022vo7.jpg

puss puss
27-06-07, 12:58 AM
Big wheel little wheel anyone??
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/43/picture024by9.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3434/picture025qc6.jpg

And here is my sub going in as soon as
1. get a alarm sorted.
2. build a shelf.
3. save up my pocket money and get a amp.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/404/picture015kd4.jpg

puss puss
27-06-07, 12:59 AM
Sorry if the pictures are a bit big if someone could pm me or link me how to make them smaller using image shack i would be very grateful.

My W.I.P thread has been remade mainly because of the amount of flaming etc on the old one. i would first like to say am sorry and would like to put a stop to all this.
second if a kind admin could get ride of the old one it would be most grateful.

My plans are so far
A Mono block amp for my sub.
A parcel shelf so no-one can see it.
A decent alarm.
New front and rear seats (god i hate seat covers!)
gsi front bumper with front and rear gm sport mudflaps.
resprayed in black or scobby blue ;)
archs weilded up and any rust removed
a nice exhaust back box.
Bigger engine when insurance allows of course

Post away and feedback but please keep flaming to a min. if you dont like something explain why (about the car) your allowed to express you views on the car :)

thanks for taking the time to read my thread. Enjoy.

Nat.

NovaLad
27-06-07, 03:35 AM
Lol i noticed that you had made a 2nd WIP and thought WTF!...

Anyway - good luck with it, your arches are worse than what mine were but they should clean up ok. (or just replace them if you do get a respray!)

Love the colour of ya car maby give it a polish and clean up the WHITE STAINS on the bumpers!

The sub you have looks decent wouldn't mind 1 of thoughs myself, just make sure you def get an alarm fitted as Novas usually get stolen.

As for the stuff you want to do here is what i think.

**IN YOUR WORDS**
My plans are so far:-
A Mono block amp for my sub - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
A parcel shelf so no-one can see it. - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
A decent alarm. - GOOD IDEA.
New front and rear seats (god i hate seat covers!) - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
gsi front bumper with front and rear gm sport mudflaps. - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
resprayed in black or scobby blue - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
archs weilded up and any rust removed - GOOD IDEA
a nice exhaust back box. - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
Bigger engine when insurance allows of course - YOU HAVE JUST PASSED WAIT A YEAR TILL YOU GET USED TO THE CAR. THAT'S IF YOU HAVN'T WRITTEN IT OFF IN A YEAR.

p.s i'm not, and i quote "flaming you", i am just giving you my opinion on the best way to tackle your car. Start with fixing up the body work that could save your life in a crash.

Keep up the work and update with pics... GOOD LUCK.

Ernie
27-06-07, 09:32 AM
Hi mate looking good keep it up.
If you still got your wheel trims (the five spoke white one's) and want shot of them let me know as need a new white set for my trailer as lost 1 on the way back from combe.

puss puss
27-06-07, 10:02 AM
Lol i noticed that you had made a 2nd WIP and thought WTF!...

Anyway - good luck with it, your arches are worse than what mine were but they should clean up ok. (or just replace them if you do get a respray!)

Love the colour of ya car maby give it a polish and clean up the WHITE STAINS on the bumpers!

The sub you have looks decent wouldn't mind 1 of thoughs myself, just make sure you def get an alarm fitted as Novas usually get stolen.

As for the stuff you want to do here is what i think.

**IN YOUR WORDS**
My plans are so far:-
A Mono block amp for my sub - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
A parcel shelf so no-one can see it. - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
A decent alarm. - GOOD IDEA.
New front and rear seats (god i hate seat covers!) - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
gsi front bumper with front and rear gm sport mudflaps. - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
resprayed in black or scobby blue - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
archs weilded up and any rust removed - GOOD IDEA
a nice exhaust back box. - SORT OUT THE RUST ON YA CAR 1ST.
Bigger engine when insurance allows of course - YOU HAVE JUST PASSED WAIT A YEAR TILL YOU GET USED TO THE CAR. THAT'S IF YOU HAVN'T WRITTEN IT OFF IN A YEAR.

p.s i'm not, and i quote "flaming you", i am just giving you my opinion on the best way to tackle your car. Start with fixing up the body work that could save your life in a crash.

Keep up the work and update with pics... GOOD LUCK.

thanks for the advice bud, i wouldnt quote that as flaming just expressing your view on my car thanks :)

p.s i got some 40mm suspension kit in the shed waiting for a sunny day to fit them. ;)

NovaLad
27-06-07, 07:43 PM
Got any front shocks going spare lol ???

puss puss
27-06-07, 10:13 PM
you after standard ones bro?

NovaLad
27-06-07, 10:25 PM
Don't know... Do i need to change my front shocks when i put my GMAX springs on?

puss puss
27-06-07, 10:27 PM
if its just the springs they can go on normal standard shocks. or u can get uprated shocks with uprated springs :)

NovaLad
27-06-07, 10:33 PM
Ok cheers.

NovaLad
27-06-07, 10:38 PM
Just waiting to see if i get the job i have applied for then if i do should be getting enough money a week to change the whole of my car (WHICH I WON'T LOL) i shall prob gte my uncle to lower it as he will do it prob for about 40 quid...

Are you lowering yours?

vaughanmc
27-06-07, 11:28 PM
Chunny mate i've got them wheeltrims in my garage..

puss puss
28-06-07, 10:51 AM
Chunny mate i've got them wheeltrims in my garage..

could of at least comment on my wip thread lol.. :roll: and btw i got the wheeltrims in the garage to :)

and yer she is getting lowered 40mm done the front last night started to rain so had to pack up. Back is getting done today.

vaughanmc
28-06-07, 02:30 PM
Fix the arches 1st lol

puss puss
28-06-07, 02:59 PM
yer i need to get them sorted o.0

vaughanmc
28-06-07, 06:07 PM
Too right you do -- Once there done then you know all your hard work won't fall to pieces :)

puss puss
28-06-07, 10:51 PM
hehe good point :)

olix99
29-06-07, 09:36 AM
novalad - you commented on him having just passed his driving test - have YOU passed YOURS yet? if not - you cant comment lol

looks good matey - but i do agree with novalad, get the priorities right, leave all the fancy fun bits until AFTER you have sorted out the rust and main structural bits and peices.

and dont bother thinking about a bigger engine at the mo mate, you dont need one and you cant afford to insure one lol waste of time at the mo :thumb:

puss puss
29-06-07, 01:47 PM
yer archs need sorting first i quess ill do them next then :) after fixing the lowering lol

NovaLad
29-06-07, 01:49 PM
have YOU passed YOURS yet? if not - you cant comment lol

I allready did.

dave.gsi
30-06-07, 11:38 PM
to be honest its not really worth fixing the arches. for what the cars worth (?200? if its t&t). it'll cost more than that to do it, plus if the arches are THAT bad (and lets be honest they are royally fcuk'ed!), i can be sure that the rest of the car is in the same state. im willing to put money on that failing its next mot cos of rot.

your better off using the money you were gonna spend on mods to save up for a new car. one with a bit more metal in it.

as you've just passed your test what you have is ideal. a snotter to run around in for a few months while you get better at driving. something that you dont mind scratching and denting while you perfect the reverse parklol

and if you end up in a ditch or stuffed in to the back of another car (as you most prob will) its not really the end of the world, it would have done its job

puss puss
30-06-07, 11:52 PM
i had it up on a ramp yesterday underneath isnt to bad :) the archs arent that bad and why does everyone think am gonna crash lol am a save driver honest :)

but thanks for the commemt it makes sense :)

puss puss
12-08-07, 01:52 AM
wow long time no see everyone lol erm seems that i have misplaced my digital camera so no pictures to hand fear not i shall find it!

As for the nova it has had a mono block amp brought for the sub wiring kit all fitted nicely (no wires showing really) mdf false floor and mdf shelf built by me and my dad :)

A black gsi bumper how ever on the left hand side the clips that hold the blocks have snapped so it quite loose on 1 side making a big gap at the top.

Also brought some red led's for the side lights saw some blue ones on a friends polo looked neat IMO so i thought red would go well with mine.

will be ordering some near rear archs in about 2 weeks time when i get paid hopefully where is a good place to buy these from? ebay?

-Nat

shy witness
12-08-07, 10:27 AM
buy your panels at

http://www.beeversautopanels.co.uk/

not expensive...................and great service/delivery time

i just got a good few things...and had to get them deliverd to northern ireland

puss puss
12-08-07, 12:14 PM
wow very cheap thanks for the link bud :) hopefully ill be buying a pair of archs off there was wondering whats the bit that goes across the front as you open up the bonnet theres a bit that goes across the front from one side to another, touching both wings would be close to you as you open up the bonnet is it the slam panel or the crossmember as mine is rusty. Soz it is hard to explain with no camera :(

puss puss
13-08-07, 07:53 PM
since i didnt have work today we got a lovely wash t cut and back to black on the rear bumper sorry though i cant find my digi cam :(