PDA

View Full Version : How to......

Anonymous
15-03-02, 09:29 AM
I want to wash the engine bay of ma SRi and i was wondering how i go about doin this, can i just take it to a local supermarket and pressure wash it, if so do i have 2 cover anything eg K&N, distributor etc??

Many Thanx

Ballsy

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

[-ballsy.jpg-]

Anonymous
15-03-02, 11:01 AM
cover the dizzy, carb ,coil and any other electrical bits.

DONT steam clean it only use cold jet wash!

use diesil or "GUNK" on the block etc to get the oil and muck off

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
15-03-02, 11:12 AM
get a garage to do it for ?10 they will use the propper stuff (truck degreaser) and a 150deg steamer.... only bits u need to cover are the alarm, make sure the engine is hot when u go there

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
15-03-02, 11:19 AM
i have valleted for 5 years, what we used was stuff called TFR thats trafic film removal, its a bit harsh on [paintwork so u must be carefull

make sure the engine is running when u do it and as soon as it cuts out (if it cuts out) stop washing and start the fucker back up.

alarms are a no go so cover in cling film or a plastic bag

heres a point though
all that grease and shit in the bay is protecting the metalwork so if u blast it of make sure u can be arsed to wash under there quite a bit to prevent future rusting.

Micky@novaload.net
SNAKES-WITH-TITS Website http://network54.com/Realm/Snakes_with_tits

Anonymous
16-03-02, 09:26 PM
1 more good tip, spray plug lead ends with WD40 after the use of water

Anonymous
17-03-02, 01:58 AM
Micky.....have you got any tips on removing old engine bay lacquer?

The engine bay in my GTE is covered in the stuff...all old and orange/yellow coloured.

I've managed to scrape a lot of it off of the engine, injection etc, but can't get it off the suspension turrets without damaging the paint.

I've tried white spirit with no joy.....any suggestions?