PDA

View Full Version : My old nova GTE

Ernie
24-06-07, 09:56 PM
Ive just been sent this link from Chris GSI.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/178965.htm
So since i sold it in feb it has lost over 1 thousand mile's and gained a grand in price as i sold it in feb for 2k with 90k on the clock.
Should i say some thing.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

chris gsi
24-06-07, 10:05 PM
the joys of motoring mate. They have to sell it yet and i like the way in your tv feature you said it only cost about ?1500 to build

Ash C
24-06-07, 10:07 PM
i fapping would some poor bugger is going to get shafted other wise!

Ernie
24-06-07, 10:09 PM
I know. Any body that knows the car will know what it cost me to build and how much i sold it for.
And cheers for the link.
Ive sent an email to the guy on piston heads aswell. feel free to join in.

Lee
24-06-07, 10:17 PM
No offense to you christian, but if someone pays 3K for it theyre stoopid, and seriously misinformed, therefore the jokes on them. And thats if the seller is lucky enough to find such a fool in the first place!

You could always inform the new owner the engine bay isnt seam welded lol

Ernie
24-06-07, 10:22 PM
Well it was built over a week 2.5 years ago.And still going strong. If somebody wants to pay that for it then it.s up to them but they should know that its lost a few mile's.
Also BT get on with that engine change.

Dan 130
24-06-07, 10:24 PM
like bt said if someone is willing to be the mug to pay that then let them more fool them but yeah it must be hard seeing someone do that considering what you sold it for

Jack
24-06-07, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't worry too much - PH is renowned for having insanely priced cars on it. TBH if I listed my Celica on there, I'd up the price by a few grand lol

blue_peg_16v
25-06-07, 08:57 AM
it seems to have changes hands a few times since you got rid mate its always up for sale

Matt2107
25-06-07, 01:07 PM
Shame really.

Steve
25-06-07, 01:55 PM
I think he assumes that as its been in a magazine its suddenly shot up in value, as you said it cost half that to build and you made a couple of quid selling it on but he's starting to take the piss a little.

Although someone probably will pay 3k for it.

ANDYRACER
25-06-07, 02:53 PM
Its not seam welded! :eek:

craig green
25-06-07, 04:39 PM
Its worth what anyone is willing to pay for it tbh. If it doesnt sell at that price its either wrongly priced or no one wants it (at that price)...

The mileage thing, although misleading is hardly the be all & end all when it comes to a Nova. Bearing in mind with cars a 3rd of its age, its not unusual to see (say a Clio 172) on 90k. Going by that its pretty surprising to read about a 19yr old Nova with similar mileage. Not unheard of but if someone told me yours was clocked, I'd say, 'yeah I wouldnt be surprised'.

hybridturbo
25-06-07, 05:37 PM
I dont see a big problem here you sold the car and im guessing you were happy with the 2k?

If the new owner sells it for 3k and gets away with talking **** then hes in luck end of..