PDA

View Full Version : ecu problems

8vtubz
24-06-07, 05:28 PM
i have a problem gettin my car runnin properly, i have a 2.0 8v turbo that was converted by courtney in about 1995. i bought the engine from a chap who had already took it out of a car, he said that it ran fine before he took it out. i think the engine is fine theres no smoke and no rattles or knocks! The problem lyes with the fuelin, when i fitted the engine the loom that i got with the car was really bogded, so i got a loom out of a cavy that i knew that ran ok with no wires hangin out like the other one, and there was a piggy back ecu with it but the tool who took the engine out didn't lable any thin up, so when i come to re-fit the piggy back i couldn't figure out where the wires went. i tryed to find out who the company was for a wirin diagram but don't think they exist any more. So just wonderin if anyone has any ideas on what sort of after market ecu i could run or if i can fit another piggy back. either post reply or pm

thanks
mat

Paul
24-06-07, 11:15 PM
OMEX, are the market leader's in aftermarket management.

My mate had a 1400 ZR Turbo, he was running a Dastek Unichip, and a piggyback ECU, however I cant remember for the life of me what ECu it was, sorry! But that ran ace, I'll ask him and get back to you mate. It like your setup had the original ECU and then another for when the turbo comes into play!

craig green
25-06-07, 11:01 AM
The conversions usually have a microswitch wired into the TPS for the fuelling.

My advice is to call Courtenay & see if they will sort it out for you if you send them what you have & let them re-wire it into the newer loom for a charge.

They will help you.

8vtubz
25-06-07, 09:57 PM
i spoke to courtney about the conversion, they said that cus i was so long ago that they wouldn't have any imfomation about it and that cus i was so old its not somethin they would be interested in doin. any ideas on DTA or gotech!