PDA

View Full Version : gte jerking while accelerating

brucer
24-06-07, 11:57 AM
hi guys.my nova gte has started jerking while i accelerate. at first i changed the afm an it did fix the problem or i thought.but i have noticed my coil has got a chunk missin out of where th ht lead conects on to it.thinking it might be arcin down ther.as th jerkin is like a really heavy misfire.which is like a complete cut out more than anytin.iv got a coil on order but wanderin will this fix it or has anyone had any problems like this before

craig green
25-06-07, 11:03 AM
make sure there are no holes on the rubber pipework from the AFM to throttle body.

Its a whole can of worms & pointless us guessing unless you can confirm the engine is well serviced & perhaps we have a pic of what you are working with...

big gra
25-06-07, 11:16 AM
check all your leads going to and from the dizzy and coil,, mine was doing this last night, found a point were there was a bare wire on a ht lead and was arking on the coil, bit of insulation tape and we were flying again!

brucer
27-06-07, 12:25 AM
got a new coil.fitted it on.it seems to be working better than it was.bt it has happend on th odd ocasion.th only part left f th ignition system i aint changed is th ht leads.ill look at all th afm pipes 2moz.if there fine ill start with th fuel side of it.mite b a simple fix.jus gota find it.lol.cheers for th help