PDA

View Full Version : Golf Top Mounts

Anonymous
11-03-02, 06:42 PM
Been giving the rallycar the once over and out top mounts are looking past their best. Ive heard that Golf top mounts fit a Nova in terms of both turret size and centre shaft size and Ive seen some on a Nova that are supposed to be std Golf but he couldnt tell me any more. Ive checked on a Mk2 GTi and it was different - anyone know anything about these? Are they mk1 or Mk3 or even a different Mk2 top mount. Im running Bilstein adjustables (the proper ones with 'inverted' struts and full length coilover threads and I dont wanna shell out for alloy top mounts if I can help it..

The ones Ive seen were roller bearings in the centre piece with a rubber mount into an outer shell (Makes sense?)

Any ideas?

Anonymous
12-03-02, 01:46 PM
all i know is that the golf doesn't have the two mounting bolts like the nova does on top of the turret. the golfs are held on to the car through the centre nut, so i suppose they could fit but why would you want to anyway??

True, True...

Anonymous
12-03-02, 07:38 PM
just get rose jointed ones for a nova, much less hastle

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
13-03-02, 08:45 PM
do these things go alot on nova's as the only thing I haven't replaced on my noisy bitch of a car!feel's and sounds like bottoming out but only on on side and told this is what it could be?is this right!how much for new boge standard Vauxhall ones?

Anonymous
15-03-02, 05:23 PM
To clarify..

I have a friend who was informed the top mounts on his Nova rallycar were from a VW Golf and theyre very good. They have 2 hole mounting and are fairly solid but have some rubber in them to absorb small bumps etc. I cant seem to find the right ones and I suspect hes been misled as to the actual source of them.

Ive shied away from the alloy rose jointed ones due to cost but also due to them being too solid for my liking. It can be good to have a little amount of flex in the top mount to save the body a little and give a slightly less harsh ride.

However, now had to go with eccentic alloy ones as I couldnt get what I was looking for and wanna get the car finished soon :-)

Thanks anyway guys.