PDA

View Full Version : Good scam or worrying?

Donova
23-06-07, 11:16 AM
Good way to make money, but if someone who has done it hits you, no insurance, nothing:roll: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6231892.stm

Mike
23-06-07, 11:19 AM
worrying id say

Lee
23-06-07, 11:20 AM
Stupid question.

Dangerous as feck!

Jack
23-06-07, 11:20 AM
Before Alex gets any ideas, I think my beard would give it away

Although that does go towards explaining why there's so many sh!t drivers on the roads!

Alex.
23-06-07, 11:24 AM
Not that I'm saying it's right in any way, shape or form. But did they ever think that if the tests weren't as hard as they are then people wouldn't feel the need to do that? I would much rather re-take all of my 7 A-Levels I've just done then redo my driving test. :(

Lee
23-06-07, 11:27 AM
Not that I'm saying it's right in any way, shape of form. But did they ever think that if the tests weren't as hard as they are then people wouldn't feel the need to do that? I would much rather re-take all of my 7 A-Levels I've just done then redo my driving test. :(

If it was easier, then more idiots would pass. Thats the point of making it harder. (not insinuating your an idiot lol)

IMO, its still not hard enough. Motorways are still omitted (stupid), and theres still no compulsory skid control test (also stupid)

Alex.
23-06-07, 11:29 AM
One thing I don't agree on, is that if you pass depends on who you get. Which is true for Weston atleast.

Jack
23-06-07, 11:30 AM
Not that I'm saying it's right in any way, shape or form. But did they ever think that if the tests weren't as hard as they are then people wouldn't feel the need to do that? I would much rather re-take all of my 7 A-Levels I've just done then redo my driving test. :(
The point is though that the reason you're failing is because you're making a mistake that, theoretically, if you did out on the road could lead to an accident of some form.

The last thing I'd want when I'm going round a roundabout, for example, is some fresh driver to plough into me because their examiner hadn't bothered to fail them for the same thing the day before.

Stuart
23-06-07, 11:38 AM
Its kinda like if you do a degree in brain surgery and they make the final test "can you count to ten" rather than "perform this surgery without killing/maiming the patient" lol

I too would like to see motorway training made compulsory since the ammount of fcukwits that just sit in the middle lane/outside lane since they think the inside lane is the "slow lane" WTF get a grip on life.

Lee
23-06-07, 11:48 AM
Its kinda like if you do a degree in brain surgery and they make the final test "can you count to ten" rather than "perform this surgery without killing/maiming the patient" lol

I too would like to see motorway training made compulsory since the ammount of fcukwits that just sit in the middle lane/outside lane since they think the inside lane is the "slow lane" WTF get a grip on life.

Aye. Ive recently decided a go on a skid pan should be compulsory as well. Even my mum, who has nearly 40 years of driving experience, doesnt have a clue what to do in a grip loss situation. lol

paul james
23-06-07, 11:50 AM
The test needs to be hard, yes its annoying to fail it on a small error, but the point is the harder the test is the better driver you are when you pass it. You don't want some of these incredibly nervous learner drivers you see on the road passing before they're ready.

I think anyone who is caught trying to get a fake license should be forced to pay for lessons and take the test properly at their own expense, and once their legal, banned from driving for a year!

Teggy
23-06-07, 11:54 AM
i agree motorway training should be compulsory out of a group of 3 of my friends including me i was only one to take pass plus those to have had 5 crashes between them due to lac of road awareness me i have yet to crash (touch wood)

Teggy
23-06-07, 11:55 AM
I think anyone who is caught trying to get a fake license should be forced to pay for lessons and take the test properly at their own expense, and once their legal, banned from driving for a year!

harsh but it would work

General Baxter
23-06-07, 12:02 PM
not being rasits, yeah i am sorry lol

Shazad Akhtar, 34 bet she or he can not tell, has one of them vale things on where you can only see there eyes,

that reminds me, i was driving in birmingham one day, and i saw a car driving its self, black car, lady with black clothes and one of them black vale things, it nearly made me crash lol

Jack
23-06-07, 12:14 PM
I remember first time I went on a motorway. "All the traffic's going in the same direction, it'll be easy"

Oh how wrong I was lol... in some cases on both points lmfao

Dar
23-06-07, 12:16 PM
To be fair saying that making the test harder produces better drivers sounds good, but I wonder if it actually does 'make' better drivers. Its all about attitude, someone who wants to drive like a **** will drive like a **** if they passed a harder test or not. I learned to drive a car and then passed my test, but then I actually 'learned' to drive a car. IMO you learn sooo much more after you pass your test. Also some of the things they teach you are crap, like feeding the wheel threw your hands, I'd like to see someone catch a slide doing that! (Possible, yes. Easy, hell no!). Plus even the driving instructors don't stick to it.

I my humble opinon the test should be hard enough so that driver can control the car and is competent on the road. I agree on the motorway driving being included but not so much on the skid pan becuase if your a good driver then you really shouldn't be sliding should you, although on the flip side driving in snow is a skill, so maybe it should. Anyway its not something that your average person will be doing.

As for people taking your test for you! Thats just plain idiotic and they should really come down hard on such people.

General Baxter
23-06-07, 01:09 PM
although on the flip side driving in snow is a skill, so maybe it should. Anyway its not something that your average person will be doing.

ill admit it, i lost the van for the first time, in the last snow we had, i did not know what the **** todo, i just slammed the brakes on, all i was doing was approx 2mph coasting road the corner, not like anything would help in a fully loaded 3 1/2 ton van once its going its gone lol

the skid pan is a really good idea :thumb:

+ how many do you still drive at 10 to 2 lol

Lee
23-06-07, 01:35 PM
but not so much on the skid pan becuase if your a good driver then you really shouldn't be sliding should you, although on the flip side driving in snow is a skill, so maybe it should. Anyway its not something that your average person will be doing.

Have to disagree with you here pal. Skids can be induced at any time. Coming round a corner in the wet to find something in the middle of the road, oil / petrol spills, blowouts, mud on road etc...

No one is prepared in their tests for things like this, and thats stupid IMO. Fair enough, ABS and traction control help in some of these situations, but new drivers' first cars very rarely will have this technology fitted.

Jack
23-06-07, 01:39 PM
ABS and traction control help in some of these situations, but new drivers' first cars very rarely will have this technology fitted.
Thats another interesting point - most kids learn in brand new or nearly new Ka's, 206's, Micra's etc. Learn and pass their test in a car with all these mod cons, then go out and buy a 20 year old sh!tter as their first car - Alex didn't have a clue what a manual choke was, let alone how to use it, to begin with on her Polo.

Lee
23-06-07, 01:45 PM
Yep, and I was victim of that with my corsa. I learned in a Clio with 185 tyres. Then, i climbed into my ****ter corsa and had to learn straight away how to cope with understeer lol

(hope oli doesnt read this, ive just opened myself up to another big block jibe there)

Alex.
23-06-07, 01:53 PM
Using the brakes on my car then on the newer Pug 206...scary. Nearly sent my instructer through the window.lol

Dar
23-06-07, 05:37 PM
Have to disagree with you here pal. Skids can be induced at any time. Coming round a corner in the wet to find something in the middle of the road, oil / petrol spills, blowouts, mud on road etc...

No one is prepared in their tests for things like this, and thats stupid IMO. Fair enough, ABS and traction control help in some of these situations, but new drivers' first cars very rarely will have this technology fitted.

When was the last time you had a blowout or slid on oil or diesel on the highway? For me never! 5mins on a skidpan will not prepare someone for a blowout 20 years down the line. Would be fun having a blast on a skidpan though, so it would be a worth while addition:D

Donova
23-06-07, 05:52 PM
Trouble is with this, the licence you would "acquire" would be perfectly legal and proper, be a helluva job proving you had'nt taken the test yourself:roll:

Lee
23-06-07, 07:32 PM
When was the last time you had a blowout or slid on oil or diesel on the highway? For me never! 5mins on a skidpan will not prepare someone for a blowout 20 years down the line. Would be fun having a blast on a skidpan though, so it would be a worth while addition:D

I suppose youve never come round a corner in the wet and had to stop suddenly either have you lol. It may not prepare them fully, but surely it will give a little bit of insight into what you need to do.

Its obviously far more important to learn how to reverse around a fecking corner into oncoming traffic.

Dar
23-06-07, 08:05 PM
I suppose youve never come round a corner in the wet and had to stop suddenly either have you lol.
Yup loads of times and not once have I slid:p

In fact the only times I have lost traction on the roads have been because I wanted to. Maybe once or twice due to speeding in my younger days as well. But I assume that a driving test isn't about teaching you what to do when your approaching a roundabout at warp factor 6:wtf:

I don't disagree about having a skid pan session in with your lessions, it can only be a good thing. But its not something your going to be doing using on a daily or even yearly basis if you remain within the law.

Lee
23-06-07, 08:35 PM
Yup loads of times and not once have I slid:p

I dont doubt it, seeing as you are a good driver. And good drivers know what to do to stop the car skidding in a situation like that. But unfortunately, not everyone has the same natural driving skill, hense all the dents in bushes and tree bark missing from trees on the outside of corners.

Just because youve never hit something slippery on the road doesnt mean no one else will either. Ive hit a diesel spillage before, and I can assure you its not fun, especially in a Sprinter!

bump
24-06-07, 07:13 PM
Just because youve never hit something slippery on the road doesnt mean no one else will either. Ive hit a diesel spillage before, and I can assure you its not fun, especially in a Sprinter!

It's even less fun in a Transit Luton! Most of the kids round near me had skid pan training by proxy due to p*ss porr road design and failing drainage systems. Seemed to make no difference at all.

Riggy
25-06-07, 10:53 AM
lol i agree with most points here , and laughed my head of at alex about driving a car like a nova with no abs , then getting in a car with abs , lol i used to do it all the time when i was driving my nova every day and then driving my misses punto its well annoying for the first couple of brakes lol

i also think that the test should include motorway , and that you shouldnt have to feed the wheel through lol , thats just **** lol

as for skid pan training , maybee , i was driving through some national speed limit roads on tues in the astra and i came to a corner which didnt look to bad so kept foot down through it , half way through it just bent back nearly 90 degrees so had to lift off a little , this as you know caused the back end to swing round a little , since i know what to do in a skid i managed to correct it easy enough with a bit of steering into the skid and a little bit of throttle , it just made the car wobble a little when it leveled out lol , but i dare sare that the abs and traction control on the astra helped me there and that it would have been a lot harder in the nova lol