PDA

View Full Version : Dash Board

Anonymous
11-03-02, 08:59 PM
I want to change the dashboard in my GTE from the old style sliding heater settings to the new style rotate settings???? Is this possible????? CHEERS IF U CAN LET ME KNOW

Anonymous
11-03-02, 11:37 PM
put a mk2 nova dash in m8, it will look a hell of a lot better take a look at the link
http://www.perpetualbliss.net/how-to-Mk2-dash.htm

web site: www.perpetualbliss.net
E mail: v5uk@perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
12-03-02, 12:07 AM
Wheres the best place to get them from????

Anonymous
12-03-02, 09:30 AM
Scrap yards.
I swapped the standard mk2 grey dash for the black one out of a GSi and the worst part of the job was getting the f**king steering wheel off!!!!
I sold my old grey one for ?45 if thats something for you to go by.

Miles

Anonymous
12-03-02, 07:06 PM
I've just fitted a GSI dash into my my Gte. It was pretty easy, but as miles said the bloody steering was a right pain in the arse to remove. At one point I thought the previous owner had welded it on for a practical joke.

Anonymous
13-03-02, 01:21 AM
lol I had to take the steering colum off to get my dash in

web site: www.perpetualbliss.net
E mail: v5uk@perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
13-03-02, 11:51 AM
lol unlucky

i was doing a mk1 brown to mk1 grey swap once and couldnt get the the steering wheel off

i cut the brown dash in half as i couldnt get it off, then relised i had to either take the coloum off or the steering wheel to refitt the new dash lol

Micky@novaload.net
SNAKES-WITH-TITS Website coming soon....

Anonymous
14-03-02, 12:59 AM
lol

it takes less than 2 mins to remove the steering wheel with the proper puller that costs a mere ?8

As for the MKII looks better than MKI debate.....I'm undecided.
I'm only considering fitting a MKII dash to make fitting the digi dash easier.
I like my standard GTE clocks though, so I might not bother.

Anonymous
14-03-02, 06:05 PM
i had a puller, the thing still wouldn't budge. took it down to the local vauxhall dealer and he couldn't get it off either. steering column came out it the end and it came of with a big hammer lol!