PDA

View Full Version : The Horn??????

Anonymous
09-03-02, 10:43 PM
I have a Nova swing 1.2 B reg and have just bought a Nova GTE H reg. I found that the horn on the B reg had stopped working and now I've got the GTE home, that doesn't work on that either. I've checked the wiring behind the steering wheel and thats fine. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and had any idea of how to go about fixing it. If anyone knows plz tell.
CHEERS!!!!!! :-/

Anonymous
09-03-02, 11:47 PM
when u have the wheel of and touch the two wires together, does the horn sound?

If it does, then its something to do with the steering wheel button, check the wiring on that and connecters etc, if the horn still dont work check the fuse.

I had a problem (still do) where anything except the original steering wheel will not make the horn work......still passed the MOT mind.....

Good luck

Anonymous
13-03-02, 11:32 PM
The horn didn't work on my Antibes......has your car ever had an attempter theft?

Mine had and in the process, the steering lock had been damaged to the point where the column outer cylinder was bent.
Anyway....the earth for the horn is made via the steering lock barrel to the central shaft of the steering column.
When it was damaged, it was bent so that there was no longer a contact hence the circuit was always broken and the horn didn't work.

I fed loads of wire unto and around the steering column shaft to make a very good contact and the horn worked from then on!

If the column is ok, then remove the horn from the car and wire it up directly to the battery and test that it works....it might be fooked...quite simply.

The wires at the steering wheel provide the earth (negative switched).....the other end of the circuit is at the sprung rod that contacts with the horn ring on the under side of the steering wheel.....also check that that is making contact as it should.