PDA

View Full Version : Brake upgrade or not

Nutty Nova
21-06-07, 10:30 PM
Hey guys just a quick question, im putting a disc conversion on the rear but do i have to uprate the front brakes too as id rather just stick with the gsi ones if possible.
Help would be appreciated
Cheers

Asa-James
21-06-07, 10:33 PM
i'd say gsi brakes up front would be fine, unless your dropping a larger lump up front, in which case get some bigger ones

Mike
21-06-07, 10:33 PM
Rear Disc's on a nova are pointless IMHO

blue_peg_16v
22-06-07, 08:40 AM
id do the fronts as well your massivly increasing the braking at the rear and if you dont do something with the front under hard breaking the rears will lockup which could cause a spin

Gunzi
22-06-07, 09:18 AM
Get a brake bias valve if you don't want to go backwards the first time you hit the brakes. Rear brakes are ususally done for looks over braking performance as upgrading the fronts is enough for such a small car. Upgrade the fronts, as the difference is very noticable, even with ATE calipers & 256mm discs.

craig green
22-06-07, 12:00 PM
Aye. std GSi (Nova) staoppers are next to useless. Put some 256mm Astra/Cav discs & calipers on & if you insist on rear discs (like I have) fit the pressure regulators from the Astra GTE 16v to your Master cylinder to reduce the braking done by the rear discs.

Nutty Nova
22-06-07, 05:42 PM
sound like more work than its worth to be honest
may just stick with drums on the back then and get some nice upgraded discs for the gsi front brakes