PDA

View Full Version : 2 Aggravating Noises

Anonymous
12-03-02, 11:06 AM
Please help, My MOT's due in just over a month or so, so i want everything sorted.

The first noise sounds really bad, it sounds like it could be the back passenger wheel, the noise is like a squeaking \ whining (Hard to explain without hearing it yourself) that seems to get slower or faster depending on the car speed.

The other one is a kind of rattling, largely noticeable when engine is at idle, somewhere from the front centre console for definite, sounds like somethings trapped inside almost, grit possibly?
Ive taken out cd's that i thought might be rattlin in the glovebox, re-fitted richbrook tax holder coz i thought that might be vibrating and finally walloped the plastic dash in my temper, but it still being a bitch.

Please help if u think you know.
Any suggestions welcome.

http://www.dixonsvauxhallspares.co.uk/gfx/small%20vauxhall%20logo%20spin.GIF

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

novagrant@talk21.com

""Formally Novaheat 612""

Anonymous
12-03-02, 12:23 PM
the noise at back will probly be a wheel bearing or the brake shoe rubbing, noise at front well that could be a number of things m8

Anonymous
12-03-02, 01:36 PM
wheel bearing for def at the rear, 8 quid for a bearing and not too hard to change yourself.
is the noise up front in or under the car?
if under could be gear linkage or badly fitting exhaust but inside the car i haven't got a clue.

True, True...

Anonymous
12-03-02, 01:54 PM
It sounds more like inside the car the noise up front i aint got a clue what it is though :(

I think its a wheel bearing aswell, main reason being the noise slows down \ speeds up etc with the car.

http://www.dixonsvauxhallspares.co.uk/gfx/small%20vauxhall%20logo%20spin.GIF

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

novagrant@talk21.com

""Formally Novaheat 612""

Anonymous
13-03-02, 12:08 PM
cud be ure handbrake cable....i made i right noise cus it was lose

Anonymous
13-03-02, 04:47 PM
Shit, Nice One Richyboy u r a * !!!
My handbrake Snapped last week!