PDA

View Full Version : for the ones in the know about anything to do with carbs

ste porter
21-06-07, 09:04 PM
Need as much ifo as possible on converting a 20seh or any vauxhall 8v for that matter to twin webers

its easier if i just state that i know absolutly nothing about carbs and thus need to know everything possible right from the basics

i need to know all parts needed right down to the very last nuts and bolts
how to go about putting it all together

nessecary (sp) precautions

basic safe jetting so its drivable to lindale race engineering who is going to be setting it up

what ignition set up to use

absolutly everything and anything you guys know about weber 40s and 45s including links diagrams where to source parts guides ect i want to know no matter how irelevent you feel it is

i already have a completly rebuilt bottom end bored to a 2.1 with arp bolts ect inlet manifold and carbs but also have some bits im trying to source see link

so come on flood the thread with info please and yes i have already googled it and searched on here ect but i need more

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82780

Wazza024
21-06-07, 09:06 PM
It depends what make of carbs you are after?

I know a place in reading sell parts etc for dellorto carbs?

ste porter
21-06-07, 09:12 PM
mine are original 40dcoe carbs from bologna italy

Asa-James
21-06-07, 09:13 PM
iirc the nova sport was 8v with a set of twin 40's kindly supplied by vauxhall...wasnt that nice!

blue_peg_16v
22-06-07, 08:47 AM
youl need a pair of carbs an inlet manifold and a mounting kit, youl also need a fuel pump and a preasure regulator as well as a linkage, if you are going for weber carbs id recomend a genuin webber linkage there far better than the cheaper ones imo, with a 2.1 i would say your best off using 45s, and dont skimp on the set up it makes all the difference, my valver runs 48s and i thoudht its was quick befor they were set up, but after the set up it flies and its better on juice too