PDA

View Full Version : need urgent MEGA help

matt_sri
21-06-07, 07:41 PM
well i got my single wiper, its all gone on spot on but it hits the scuttle or it just stops, i take it off the motor, reset it and it still hits the scuttle or it just stops in the middle everytime i need help desperate as its gona rain 2moro and i have no wipers now :D thanks in advance

matt_sri
21-06-07, 08:07 PM
any1 :D pleasee?? i duno if i made the arm too long or if im puttin the plate part onto the wiper spindle in the wrong position, im truly stuck though

Mike
21-06-07, 08:08 PM
My mate Chuck says cut the red wire....

matt_sri
21-06-07, 08:09 PM
thanks :) its gettin dark though so any help wud b a bonus :D

Adam
21-06-07, 08:41 PM
Turn the wiper motor on, wait for it to do a rotation, then turn it off.

Youve bolted the linkage arm on the wrong side of the motor, thats whats making it move down instead of up.

matt_sri
21-06-07, 08:47 PM
i turn it on, it does a rotation, then turn it off, connect it, and it either goes up and stops in the middle again, or it goes up then comes down hits the scuttle, its not working, im wondering if i havent got the right length on the adjustable bar part, its not happening either way 4 hours so far ROFL

Adam
21-06-07, 08:49 PM
If you operate the linkage manually, you'll realise how it needs to sit for the wipers to go the correct way.
Its to do with which way round the end of the linkage sits on the motor spindle.

matt_sri
21-06-07, 08:54 PM
it seems to pull the wiper wen its nearly the end of the motor cycle, as if its not long enuf on the adjustable bar part, would this affect it? i really appreciate ur help mate

matt_sri
21-06-07, 09:45 PM
ok another 45mins of trying has resulted in nothing, i moved the mechanism with my hands and it seems perfect but wen i use the motor it either pushes it half across the screen then onto the scuttle or it jus goes half accross the screen and then stops

bigbened
21-06-07, 10:13 PM
pics ?

matt_sri
21-06-07, 10:20 PM
what u want pix of mate? its pretty dark now so prob cant get any now, but i can probs give u the info u want, its goin nuts in my mind grr!! note to self, go to a garage