PDA

View Full Version : Track or B roads...

Rexy
20-06-07, 11:04 PM
Which do you prefer?

Discuss:

Personally even though i've not had chance to get ontrack im going to say B roads/country roads. A lot more varity, roads can be more demanding and the country side is luuuuverly.

Dan 130
20-06-07, 11:06 PM
Yes But Dont Forget To Stick To Speed Limits;)

blue_peg_16v
20-06-07, 11:07 PM
personaly there are that many cameras about and sunday drivers id have to say track its the only place you can test the limits of both yourself and your machinary, plus you never end up with a dreaded summonds

Mike
20-06-07, 11:07 PM
A roads :) the A458 from shrewsbury to North Wales, takes in part of the Evo triangle IIRC too :thumb:

dave.gsi
20-06-07, 11:09 PM
ive never been on track but im gonna go for 'track'.....

simply because you can go faster without the pigs looking out for you.
no old ladys to slow you up.
no chance of cow pat smeared on the apexlol
no farmers in tractors

and you can more or less 'see through' the bends without hedges in the way:thumb:

Ernie
20-06-07, 11:15 PM
track track track

Stuart
21-06-07, 08:04 AM
Track if its got a good surface... B-Road if its got a good surface...

Dar
21-06-07, 10:14 AM
The track every time.

You can go faster. Without being suicidal.
Corner faster. Without being suicidal.
Its safer, if you crash you hit armco or tires which have been put there for saftey. B roads offer other cars, trees etc. You wear crash helmets on the track which makes it even safer again.
No threat of a speeding fine
It's ;egal
If/when you crash there is an ambulance only minutes away.
You can make sizeable mistakes without writing off the car or yourself

In a nutshell if you drive on B-Roads like you would on track then your a moron.

blue_peg_16v
21-06-07, 10:28 AM
The track every time.

You can go faster. Without being suicidal.
Corner faster. Without being suicidal.
Its safer, if you crash you hit armco or tires which have been put there for saftey. B roads offer other cars, trees etc. You wear crash helmets on the track which makes it even safer again.
No threat of a speeding fine
It's ;egal
If/when you crash there is an ambulance only minutes away.
You can make sizeable mistakes without writing off the car or yourself
In a nutshell if you drive on B-Roads like you would on track then your a moron.

totaly agree the track is the place to drive fast

Jack
21-06-07, 10:40 AM
I prefer Tesco's car park

Martin
21-06-07, 10:47 AM
I prefer Tesco's car park

Maccys for me Bruv..

Seriously tho i've only been drivin aweek and its in my mums fastra with is standerd and handles like a boat on ice so i havent "pushed it" want the nova legal asap so i can get on track, dotnlive to far from cadwell and theres a local stock car/wide go kart track few miles from me that a mates uncle owns we can go on that anytime(aslong as theres no race on) so probs go there 1st

barnyvaux
21-06-07, 11:05 AM
ive done roads lol finding them dangerous these days just waiting for the 5 o to jump out or a tree..
so im going track,me and a freind are thinking of building a track nova for nxt year.... cant wait...

draper
21-06-07, 07:48 PM
hansell industrial estate on a sunday night :grin:

altho ive never been on track its obvious thats the safest place but theres something about twting down back lanes, B roads motorways that gets the addrenalin going at 2-4 AM but ill make my decision after sampling a few trackdays ;)

Mike
21-06-07, 07:56 PM
altho ive never been on track its obvious thats the safest place but theres something about twting down back lanes, B roads motorways that gets the addrenalin going at 2-4 AM but ill make my decision after sampling a few trackdays ;)

agreed :thumb: ive been there, done that and have the videos to prove it lol

LUV2XLR8
21-06-07, 08:07 PM
B roads all the way, but everyone else can use track as i want the B's all to myself :p

Rexy
21-06-07, 09:37 PM
Nah, i'm still sticking with the B roads.

Police are not an issue if you dont drive like a **** anyway, and if you do then its fair play and they will pull your pants down.

If your even thinking about driving a car at any real speed on B roads your better off doing so at between 1 - 4am. There do serve a purpose and can teach you a lot about driving, reading the road and lines how your car handels etc so does track time but at a fraction of the cost *if you don't stuff it*

:thumb:

Oh and road rallys ;)

draper
21-06-07, 09:39 PM
are road rallies where you have to get from A - B on back roads/country lanes etc ?

Mike
21-06-07, 09:40 PM
Oh and road rallys ;)

yeah road rallys are pretty fun, so are single venue/stage rallys :)

ste porter
21-06-07, 09:45 PM
i must say b roads and country lanes and to be honest my old 2.0l was built with souly that purpose in mind and around here it was untouchable by 95 % of people regardless of what car they was in or who was driving mine it was just simply the ultimate b road and country lane wepon and for that reason im saying b roads cant beat them and never had so much fun in my life as i did in that on the way home at nights even rockingham training day didnt top the back road rat runs i used to do and i was out in a formula fords at rockingham!

Ash C
21-06-07, 09:46 PM
fook the b roads round here there as good as a muck road! track all they way! :D

Mike
21-06-07, 09:48 PM
M54 is the local race track round here

Rexy
21-06-07, 10:07 PM
are road rallies where you have to get from A - B on back roads/country lanes etc ?

Yup, within a certain time at check points.

Mike
21-06-07, 10:14 PM
Yup, within a certain time at check points.

And the roads are closed, so no worries about a head on with another vehicle :D just trees and walls lol

LUV2XLR8
21-06-07, 10:35 PM
roads arnt closed unfortunatly, the events are just run after dark so you can see any other oncoming headlights. also there are less farmers about on the lanes after dark ;) got my first road rally next saterday :D

Alex.
21-06-07, 10:45 PM
no farmers in tractors

People moan about farmers in tractors but they all go slowly on purpose lol

LUV2XLR8
21-06-07, 10:53 PM
tell me about farmers in tractors. im a courier and deliver down west wales. almost every other vehical down there is a tractor or a landy. or a mint old school car with an old biddy driving it, being overtaken by tractors.

ade
23-06-07, 12:26 AM
if you race or treat any public road like a race track your a dick and deserve your license taking off you for life!

Simple

I'm surrounded by some of the best B roads in the country and on occasion some of them are closed by the police and used for official local rallying.

However a "mate" of mine thought he'd be clever one sunny Sunday afternoon on a normal day and came face to face with a tractor on a B road thinking he'd be schumacher and take a corner on wrong side - soon woke him up!

Well actually the doctors did about 2 months after they'd induced a coma on his ass so they could repair his body!

We've all gone a "little" over the speed limit on roads but doing the racing drive on a B road is just an accident waiting to happen.

Ade
(feeling a little strongly re this subject).

draper
23-06-07, 01:55 AM
im sorry for your friend ade

but IMHO id rather die on a back road than on a track

Iain
23-06-07, 09:22 AM
I think the point he's trying to make is that you're more likely to die on a road than a track if you drive the same on both.

I do enjoy a nice country drive from midnight onwards, however I'll only go on the wrong side of the road if it's safe to do so. I take "racing" as two cars competing, so a bit of spirited driving is fine in the right circumstances IMO. Never been on a track but I assume it's a lot easier and safer to push your car.

Dar
23-06-07, 09:36 AM
if you race or treat any public road like a race track your a dick and deserve your license taking off you for life!

Simple

I'm surrounded by some of the best B roads in the country and on occasion some of them are closed by the police and used for official local rallying.

However a "mate" of mine thought he'd be clever one sunny Sunday afternoon on a normal day and came face to face with a tractor on a B road thinking he'd be schumacher and take a corner on wrong side - soon woke him up!

Well actually the doctors did about 2 months after they'd induced a coma on his ass so they could repair his body!

We've all gone a "little" over the speed limit on roads but doing the racing drive on a B road is just an accident waiting to happen.

Ade
(feeling a little strongly re this subject).

Me to Ade!
It only takes a split second of one of these idiot B road warriors to take out a car coming the other way. They could wipe out a whole family! Do people not think of these things:confused:

There is nothing wrong with a bit of 'spirited' driving, but taking your car to the limit on B roads is as stoopid as Drapers "I would rather die on a back Road" comment!

Ernie
23-06-07, 09:38 AM
well put Dar and i agree with you.