PDA

View Full Version : Re-releasing the vauxhall Nova

GTE TURBZ
20-06-07, 12:27 PM
Just like the old beetle, would vauxhall ever re-release the Nova or was it not as successfull enough as the beetle as they only stopped production in mexico recently. Saw an 06 plate in a car park which was the newest one i saw.

If money was not an object would vauhall make a brand new one for private buyers!

Your views will be much appreciated:)

Ste L
20-06-07, 12:32 PM
no it'll never get released...

and to be honest, i would never spend the 8kish they would be sold for on a nova

srs1
20-06-07, 12:34 PM
er no.

the car is now dated and if it was re-released, it would lose all its charactor.

Some cars are just left alone, no matter how good it would be

Stuart
20-06-07, 12:36 PM
technically yes they have... the corsa D.

just like the current Fiesta is a "new" version of the XR2 etc.

GTE TURBZ
20-06-07, 12:44 PM
No i dont mean a newer version of the nova, cause i recon it will be crap anyway, i mean the old box re-realised with better rust resitant material even certain bits replaced with ali etc. If it was possible, i recon there would be a big waiting list including europe.

srs1
20-06-07, 12:48 PM
i think, i want what your taking.

it'll help me through my 2-11 shift today.

there would never be a demand for the car.

people struggle to sell original nova's with 12k on the clocks. and that was advertised for about 2k iirc.

Stuart
20-06-07, 12:49 PM
a "big" list to justify it would be in the region of 25 thousand sales a year for atleast 5 years.... even then it would be ohhhh ?15K if not more.

Ste L
20-06-07, 12:51 PM
and an old nova would never pass the safety test's thats cars go though these days either

Stuart
20-06-07, 01:07 PM
that easy as pie to get round. Lots of manufaturers get round things like that in various countires by selling the cars as "kits"

Jack
20-06-07, 02:41 PM
lmfao @ this thread lol

Hmm, shall I buy a car with comfy seats, air con, PAS, cd player, airbags, additional electrical gubbins; or shall I buy a Nova with none of the above lol

[edit] anyway, wasn't the beetle thing a private venture? Someone purchased the rights to carry on building the design from VW?

[edit... agin] ^no, thats b*llocks, ignore me lol

Jim
20-06-07, 03:05 PM
I think there could have been more scope for Vauxhall to take some of the Nova styling into the Corsa, but it wasn't to be.

Novas are dead (from a production point of view).

GTE TURBZ
20-06-07, 03:14 PM
and an old nova would never pass the safety test's thats cars go though these days either

well if that was gonna be a problem, why was the beetle still being made, when that vehicle would not clearly pass any safety testlol

Jack
20-06-07, 03:45 PM
Thats is Mexico though. They don't HAVE any safety tests lol

Apparently you can't register them in the US as they fail a plethora of regulations, or if you do manage it they'll get confiscated by transport officials.

draper
20-06-07, 10:22 PM
shame someone isnt using the original machines/tools to make panels still tho, like they do for minis/metros/MGs etc

blue_peg_16v
20-06-07, 10:26 PM
they would never re-release the nova it would never pass safty tests, and altough they still have a massive following the demand just isnt there anymore

Mike
20-06-07, 10:26 PM
Not another one of these threads again.....

draper
20-06-07, 10:29 PM
isnt there loads of shells in a field in spain tho ??

;)

Mike
20-06-07, 10:31 PM
isnt there loads of shells in a field in spain tho ??

;)

I heard that too....

But Baxter doesnt live in Spain :thumb: lol

blue_peg_16v
20-06-07, 10:32 PM
weres the field need a new shell

Mike
20-06-07, 10:33 PM
weres the field need a new shell

Yeah theres loads of mint ones, loads of convertables too and saloons :thumb:

lol lol lol

draper
20-06-07, 10:33 PM
if you want a mint mint shell id be tempted to fly over to somewhere warm and drive one back (malta are RHD iirc)

blue_peg_16v
20-06-07, 10:36 PM
phil lofthouse has bought a left hooker from italy, for a spare shell for yellow peg, its converted to right hand drive and sprayed up yellow ready for if he bins the current one, altough the one he is using at present is mint.

Mike
20-06-07, 10:38 PM
phil lofthouse has bought a left hooker from italy, for a spare shell for yellow peg, its converted to right hand drive and sprayed up yellow ready for if he bins the current one, altough the one he is using at present is mint.

whats with all this "peg" melarky??? :wtf:

blue_peg_16v
20-06-07, 10:41 PM
not realy sure how it started, but has sort so stuck its mainly instead of naming the car

Mike
20-06-07, 10:42 PM
not realy sure how it started, but has sort so stuck its mainly instead of naming the car

So you call a Nova, a Peg? :wtf: :tard: :confused:

blue_peg_16v
20-06-07, 10:45 PM
yea prity much.think its a york thing that has rubbed off, used to be a member of the yorkshire region of vpcc and thats when it started.its also there fault i fell for big block conversions

dave.gsi
20-06-07, 11:24 PM
who in there right mind would buy a brand new nova nowadays lol

choice.....07plate corsa vxr / 07 plate nova gsi

hmmmm:wtf:

outclassed in every department. plus if it goes the same way as the mini/beetle (which it wouldnt.....because there crap) they'd be everywere. so none of you would want one anyway

Stuart
21-06-07, 08:03 AM
plsu they would all be driven by "real" girls not just you lot lol

blue_peg_16v
21-06-07, 08:05 AM
who in there right mind would buy a brand new nova nowadays lol

choice.....07plate corsa vxr / 07 plate nova gsi

hmmmm:wtf:

outclassed in every department. plus if it goes the same way as the mini/beetle (which it wouldnt.....because there crap) they'd be everywere. so none of you would want one anyway

very true but a nova with a corsa gsi engine would be very interesting

Stuart
21-06-07, 08:14 AM
well no because thats been done so it wouldnt be anything new.... plus with the std one only being 10hp more than the 8v whats the point, unless your going to put TB's on there... oh and that would void your brand spanking new warranty lol.

Plus with GM's "skill" with nearly all of their cars since 2000, it would be back in the dealers for recalls/rework more than its on the fricking road... that or they just wont tell you about vital saftey flaws lol

wisewood
21-06-07, 08:37 AM
oi - donny boy, don't you go blaming yorkshire for your coming up with a ridiculous name for a nova. frickin' peg my ar$e!

Right, back to the point...

Although there might be a few thousand people who love the nova enough to consider buying a re-released brand new one, and even if it did come with a full electric pack, climate control, and a 1.6 16v super charged engine and improved handling and brakes, it would cost A FORTUNE, would struggle to achieve 1 euro ncap star and would only serve to make the existing aging novas look worse.

blue_peg_16v
21-06-07, 08:49 AM
im having a dim day mate ment a corsa vxr engine

Stuart
21-06-07, 08:52 AM
how can you tell the difference between todays dim day and the rest of them :p

blue_peg_16v
21-06-07, 08:53 AM
good point

GTE TURBZ
21-06-07, 11:08 AM
I missed one crucial point in all of this, well if they did re-realise it and every T/D and arry were driving them including "real girls" then the novelty would have definatley worn off, and we would prob move on to Manta gt/e or Chevette with 2L/2LT conversions or something like that. On that note i think things are best the way they are as long as parts are still available to keep the little boxes going.

TonySR
21-06-07, 12:46 PM
Just to throw a spanner in the works, IF Vauxhall were to re-release the nova as we all know them. They would fit different engines (a VXR would be nice lol), A/C, Modernise them, more safety features, ABS etc, purely causes it wouldnt sell.

But we can only dream eh lol

blue_peg_16v
21-06-07, 12:49 PM
wont happen and wouldnt want it too, plus all the extra weight of the additional equiptment would detract from the reasons we all love em today

Stuart
21-06-07, 12:52 PM
basically what your all saying is you want to go buy a Cors VXR and fit nova pannels to it lol

Jack
21-06-07, 01:03 PM
Way to devalue a Corsa VXR lol

wisewood
21-06-07, 02:57 PM
way to devalue a corsa vxr: race it round a track along side the Clio equivalent lol

I love that these people come along and make assumptions that we're only interested in nova's because they're not common, and because they're lightweight etc.

Not because it was the first car we owned, and we developed an emotional connection to them or anything like that, no... its because they're rarely seen on the roads and are lighter than a cigarette paper.

Dar
21-06-07, 03:14 PM
The only reason I own a Nova is the simple fact that its a light car that you can easily stick a nice reliable moderate power 2l16v engine in to. Oh and that they are uber simple little things. Other than that I couldn't give a rats ass about them :D

If a new Nova was built and sold I wouldn't even consider it.