PDA

View Full Version : Griffith linkage

Jonlem
19-06-07, 06:37 PM
Does anyone on here use one ?

If so I have some issues with one that I need to speak to them about.

Lovely bit of kit but I'm thinking that the arm from the shifter to the linkage needs shortening as you cant get anywhere near the gears.

I also have a issue with the way the linkage connects onto the gearbox selector, until I can get some gears though I cant really comment on if it will be a issue or not lol

Not interested in cav style linkage either before anyone points me in that direction ;) :thumb:

Jonlem
19-06-07, 09:46 PM
bttt for late night crew

andybishop
19-06-07, 10:14 PM
I ran one on mine for quite a while and did'nt have any problems with it all, set it up fine. It's now on Karls car and no problems with it on there either... Maybe you have a duff one...

Jonlem
19-06-07, 10:50 PM
Cheers Andy, you say Duff as if there was a few going about ?

I can easily modify it but I would of thought it shouldn't be such a pig to setup. Ofcourse there is a small chance its not even a nova one as they can all look similar.

Dont suppose you or anyone would have a pic of one then I can see if what I have is the right thing.

Its on Ads car now as I never got round to fitting it to mine, just another problem to get round, slowly working through them all now lol

Thanks again

Rick Draper
20-06-07, 09:50 AM
I have one on my nova but a pic would not be much good as its been chopped about quite a lot. Always worked spot on on my XE apart from the **** quality rose joints they supply with it.

Jonlem
20-06-07, 06:37 PM
Cheers Rick, I'll get it off the car at the weekend and take a few pics.

It was a ebay purchase iirc or maybe mig but either way it could of been wrongly advertised.

When they work though I presume they work really well ? this has all new rose joints on it

Stuart
20-06-07, 06:48 PM
iirc jim has one and its fine.

Rick Draper
20-06-07, 11:07 PM
Cheers Rick, I'll get it off the car at the weekend and take a few pics.

It was a ebay purchase iirc or maybe mig but either way it could of been wrongly advertised.

When they work though I presume they work really well ? this has all new rose joints on it

Mine was a pleasure to use, miles better than the shonky stock think. When added to a pair of rifle rang bushes the linkage is amazing, no plad and a great gear change every time.