PDA

View Full Version : bodykits

dale6513
19-06-07, 10:31 AM
im after ideas of different bodykits for my mk2 lux, pics would be great

5_door owner
19-06-07, 11:03 AM
theres a few bodykits thesedays for nova's best off on ebay mate, but if you have to put one on get a subtle kit and fit it right (nothing worse than a shonky nova lol ) but another idea other than a body kit , is get some higher spec bumpers (gsi/gte) and smooth the ridges out of em, looks nice and not a lot of people do it, or tey something unique (have seen a manta bumper grafted to fit, looked very nice)

but if your hearts set on a bodykit go for it mate, its your car do it the way you think it looks nice.

dale6513
19-06-07, 11:48 AM
im just looking at the options at the moment as its going to take me a long time to do this nova but i still do like the gsi look

Matt2107
19-06-07, 12:36 PM
Magna kit is one of my favs.

dale6513
19-06-07, 12:38 PM
wot does that 1 look like matt

Matt2107
19-06-07, 12:53 PM
Opps think its called magnum.

http://www.m8auto-tec.co.uk/catalog/product_reviews_info.php/products_id/80050/reviews_id/50

Click the little pic.... suits the square lines.

Most people don't like bodykits round these parts.

Stuart
19-06-07, 12:54 PM
dale, can the text typing.

dale6513
19-06-07, 01:16 PM
Opps think its called magnum.

http://www.m8auto-tec.co.uk/catalog/product_reviews_info.php/products_id/80050/reviews_id/50

Click the little pic.... suits the square lines.

Most people don't like bodykits round these parts.
im not to keen on that one matt

Jack
19-06-07, 01:21 PM
Evo or Kingdom lawnmower bumper

wokaaah

craig green
19-06-07, 01:49 PM
I think any Nova with an aftermarket kit (excl retro Irmscher stuff & mattig etc) looks like the car is lost in the middle of a rotten fancy dress outfit.

No fibreglas UK bodykit I've ever seen suits the Nova IMO. The abyss one holds its shape reasonably well against the nova but when you figure out where the design comes from its pretty simple & not that different to what people do with OE bumpers.

Saying it puts me off. 'biscuit'.

Alex Mac
19-06-07, 03:56 PM
I have a novadose nova http://www.pngclub.com/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=2188 but I will give you a word of warning, stay away from them if you are not willing to put the time in to fitting them correctly

Firstly when they arrive at the front door, you are met by a very strong smell of fibreglass and that smells stays with you until you have them fitted lol, they look like drain pipes with no brackets, mounting positions, ill fitting etc etc etc, you first set them up to the car and you read the package to ensure they are for a nova

the front bumper on my car nearly took 150 man working hours to get right, thats why bodykits get a bad wrap because people are not putting the time in to fit them correctly and bolt them on with M10 bolts and tac screws without lining also some of them do look like snow ploughs

Also we recieved two of the items still green and very freshly made, seems ok, but you cannot prep or paint them in this condition, they have to be dry and stored prior, we tried to dry them in the paint oven for 4 weeks, seemed ok so we prepared them and painted them but within a year as the fibreglass continued to dry being painted the gases had nowhere to go so it formed, only what I can describe as messals all over the bumper, so they had to be rubbed back to the gel coat and restarted nightmare

Give it a go why not, its very hard to be different these days

No offence to any standard styled nova owner I love them all, but its not rocket science to put on GSI bumpers, skirts and spoiler along with GSI decals onto a 1.0 3 Dr Trip bingo its a GSI

But in saying that, times are changing and more and more cars are remaining standard, I personally have 2 GTE astras with total standard external styling and I would not change them for the world, because I would not go through body kits again, and they look prefect the way vauxhal intended

Hopefully this helps "You have been WARNED"

draper
19-06-07, 04:56 PM
i like the novadose bodykit, especially on mk2s

dave.gsi
19-06-07, 05:10 PM
all bodykits are crap:D

and 90% of 'gsi look' cars are crap too.

i dont really now what you should do lol

Jack
19-06-07, 05:15 PM
the front bumper on my car nearly took 150 man working hours to get right, thats why bodykits get a bad wrap because people are not putting the time in to fit them correctly
True, but then some companies pump out poor quality products with bad fittings and rough edges. The second Evo bumper I had was a considerably better fit and quality than the first.

dave.gsi
19-06-07, 05:29 PM
^^^ people/mugs still buy them though so thats why they pump out crap

if ppl never bought them cos of the quality,or even sent them back theyd soon have to change there ways. at the mo they get away with it

draper
19-06-07, 05:39 PM
True, but then some companies pump out poor quality products with bad fittings and rough edges. The second Evo bumper I had was a considerably better fit and quality than the first.

you bought 2 :eek:

dale6513
19-06-07, 07:16 PM
i think from all the views from u all im going to stick the gsi kit on a nice set of 17s a lick of paint in cherry red then work on the engine

Winty
19-06-07, 08:13 PM
I got a mk1 with abyss bodykit looks ok though but dont think the mk2 1's as nice, But i did have 1.2sx i had Gsi Bumpers on that, me personaly prefer more standard like the GTE/GSI if done properly or try somthing different like a GSI Bumper with a spliter bonded to and have it all smoothed off, Let us know what your doing tho!? post some pics of car as it is now:thumb:

dale6513
19-06-07, 08:31 PM
heres a pic of it now.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/big_paradise/PIC_0002-3.jpg

dale6513
19-06-07, 08:32 PM
all the old parts will be sold off it it fund the new parts

draper
19-06-07, 08:35 PM
before any bodykits are fitted sort the rust/rot - theres nothing worse than a car with a bodykit and rust

dale6513
19-06-07, 08:43 PM
tell me about it there is only a few spots on the body that i can see i aint really looked at it properly yet its still at my brothers house

Winty
19-06-07, 08:53 PM
Yeah don't want see that rust coming through seen a few and its just a big waste of time and money, trying cut corners dont help anyone lol, Keep us posted with the work etc matey!

dale6513
19-06-07, 08:57 PM
will do its going to take a while to do but should be worth it

dave.gsi
19-06-07, 09:40 PM
all the old parts will be sold off it it fund the new parts

what exactly are you planning on selling off thatlol

Tim
19-06-07, 10:43 PM
no no no, not bodykits

dale6513
20-06-07, 09:54 AM
what exactly are you planning on selling off thatlol

pretty much everything

Matt2107
20-06-07, 01:17 PM
My front bumper of choice... although I bought it 3 years ago and my tastes have changed but I am still fitting it to my GTE for a while.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Matt2107/Picture.jpg

As far as I know it was one of the last 20 made.

dale6513
20-06-07, 03:00 PM
i take it that is for the mk1 nova looking at it

dave.gsi
20-06-07, 11:52 PM
As far as I know it was one of the last 20 made.

thank god for that lol

and seriously......who would want to buy anything of that nova? tbh anything you take off is fit for the scrapheap.

if your taking it off it means its crap......

Matt2107
21-06-07, 01:03 PM
i take it that is for the mk1 nova looking at it

I think its mk1 or 2.
However on mk1 there's a massive gap between the grill and bumper hence the custom job I made.

I'd imagine the gap would be even bigger on a mk2.

and seriously......who would want to buy anything of that nova? tbh anything you take off is fit for the scrapheap.

if your taking it off it means its crap......

Are you talking about mine or his?

dave.gsi
21-06-07, 08:19 PM
his

draper
21-06-07, 08:23 PM
havent yougot any updated pics matt lol

Matt2107
22-06-07, 12:56 PM
havent yougot any updated pics matt lol

lol.... afraid not.

I tend to flit about working on the side skirts, front bumper and rear bumper depending on my mood. Last weekend I had to cut out a semi circle from the rear bumper as the exhaust was rubbing slightly (tried altering the angle of my dangle but that didnt work) so I'm progressing... just fooking slowly.

I've also put the dash back together and been preparing the interior for my leather to go in as I'm sick of tripping over it. I had to rebuild the doors with windows, trim etc which was interesting as it was ages ago that i stripped them down.

black-nova-smokes-scooby
23-06-07, 06:54 PM
kingdom devolopments front bumper with side skirts and saxo splitter moulded into rear bumber, bottom half black top half white or silver.

Matt2107
25-06-07, 01:13 PM
kingdom devolopments front bumper with side skirts.

That'll be a second hand ebay jobbie then as they went bust.