PDA

View Full Version : FAO STE Or Wiring guru's

Anonymous
06-03-02, 10:41 PM
Ive Asked this before but the situation has changed, In simple, we put a 1.8i (Jetronic) into a Mk1 Astra 1.3s, We have wired it up as we think it should be, it turns over but it wont run, the petrol is pumping but we had to bypass the fule pump relay to get it to work,(Wont prime off ignition) We are now gonna try and re-wire it from scratch again, The plug on engine harness is
Blue = Fuel Pump
Black = Ignition
Green = Goes to clocks?
Brown/Yellow = ?

Any help would be appreciated as we have now hit a brick wall,
Cheers Daz

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
06-03-02, 11:41 PM
green = rev counter
brown and yellow = not sure, i have the same engine in my nova and i dont have a brown and yellow wire. but i do know that on carb models its the choke light.

if it runs fine with the relay bypassed just fit a switch in the car. a nice motorsport fuel cut off switch from demon tweeks will do the trick.

Anonymous
07-03-02, 12:58 AM
where the hell is ur big main live (big fuckoff red jobbie)

thats the 1 that powers the loom.
if you dont have that then the fuel pump relay wont work, neither will the injectors, and as u havent said if ur geting a spark or not i will take it your not so it powers the spark aswell!!

GO AND FIND THE MSSING BIG RED CABLE!!

all you need to worry about is the fuel pump, ignition live, main live. then go 4 it!!

Anonymous
07-03-02, 03:36 PM
We are getting a spark, but it wont fire up, we think it's all to do with the fuel pump relay, We by-passed it by bridgeing it but it still wont start, the Red wire is the one which powers the harness and all ov it's wires? that is connected up ok to the Battery, we have got a different relay and are gonna try it tonite, Thanks cos it's been 2 months now and we still cant get the dam thing running, Only sat/sun's though lol

Anonymous
08-03-02, 08:55 AM
Finally got it running last night! rough as a badgers arse though, Still cant get the fuel pump to run off ignition but we are working on it, Cheers for the Help

Anonymous
08-03-02, 12:00 PM
well it will be rough as a badgers ass for like 10-30 mins while the ECU sets itself out.
Unless you mean uv had the engine apart and the timing belt is out a little, and the dizzy timing!!

Anonymous
08-03-02, 12:51 PM
replace the ecu/pump relay only ?11 from vaux for a new one

check the small red wire on the base of the relay holder cause it corrodes

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
09-03-02, 12:09 AM
Yeah the timing is all to pot, and the battery is dead but it runs wid a little pursation lol. no brakes either! gonna take a bit more work to get it to run alright, thanks. Ste aparently the relay is ?24 inc Vat

Anonymous
10-03-02, 10:54 AM
lol ask for a discount.... or go in scruffs and say u are from a garage and just picking up parts

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
10-03-02, 10:17 PM
We have got a new Loom gonna wire it in to see if that works, we have tried 3 different Relays and none ov em works! Will try that Ste lol,We are replacing the ignition aswell, We are putting in a push button start along wid switches for ignition and fuel pump but the question is whats the purpose ov the Fuel pump relay? Would it be safe to bypass it and wire in a switch to power the pump? The relay must have a purpose?