PDA

View Full Version : 2litre 8v help

novaruss
16-06-07, 10:51 PM
now guys heres one for you, want to convert my 1.4sr to a 2.0 8v, got a donor engine lined up with a carlton attatched, can i just do a straight swap? i was thinking of using everything off the carlton, brakes etc. im guessin im gonna need new mounts? basicaly anyone who's done this conversion or who knows how to shed a bit of light, also what driveshafts to use, cheers

craig green
16-06-07, 11:09 PM
Sump will need changing for a fwd one & the Carlton box will be no good. You can hook the big block 8v engine upto the std Nova F13 box though with some research as to what flywheel & matching clutch to use (Nova GTE type I reckon).

Mounts will be std on g/box but I think you will need to sort the passenger 1.

Wiring shouldnt be too tricky as the Carlton lump should have a loom that will lift straight off the car. Your SRi engine loom is integral to the car loom.

novaruss
16-06-07, 11:15 PM
ok cheers, i might be better forgetting the carlton then and using a cav instead. suppose that would be a bit more straight forward, would the gearbox fit out of an 8v cav?

samuelfraz
01-07-07, 11:38 PM
i put a 2.0 8 valve in a corsa and is just the same as doing it to a nova. mine was out a cav used the cav box etc