PDA

View Full Version : 16v ECU ????

Anonymous
08-03-02, 06:43 PM
Right, some how have managed to fit the 2L 16v engine in the car, have over cover come many problems, now faced with, where the hell do you put the ECU??

Tryed to feed the loom through where the original wiring goes, but there is not enought length..probably because the astras had the ECU on the drivers side..

Do i need to cut a new hole in the hulk head?? If yes where??

Cheers

Anonymous
09-03-02, 12:23 AM
normally to the left of the battery, and then put the loom through there WITH A GROMMET and put ecu on the shelf under dash.

Anonymous
09-03-02, 01:11 AM
yeah.....get a drill and drill a number of holes in a circular pattern (which will be big enough for you to put the ecu harness through).....then use a file to smooth the circular shape....then put it though using the grommet which is probably still attached to the loom. (I put a load of silicon sealer around it aswell).

Fix the ecu to the front shelf...This is the most popular position...and it is easy to route that green rev counter wire to the dash (if you haven't takin the wire directly from the coil).

hope this helps :D

Anonymous
10-03-02, 10:53 AM
52mm round hole cutter ?10 from b&q, green rev counter wire is only at the ecu end on cavs/cally

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D