PDA

View Full Version : R1 Carbs on a 1.6

Bolino
16-06-07, 01:05 PM
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has fitted r1 carbs to a 1.6 gsi lump as im thinking about looking into it.

What I would like to know is would I have to use the injection system and ecu from the gsi or would I be able to run it with no ecu like with Webbers.

Thanks

Also any pics would be handy.

maccas
16-06-07, 01:41 PM
you would run it with the 1.4sr ignition set up and you would need a fuel pressure regulator to bring the fuel pressure down to around 3-5 psi and you would need a manifold making for the carbs to mount to the head obviously and i'm not sure wether you will need to lower the alternator to clear the carbs like with webers or not? you will have to see, hope this helps

maccas

Adam
16-06-07, 01:55 PM
Yeah you'll need lower the alternator mount, unless you mount the carbs on an angle, which might not be a good idea because of the fuel bowl.

maccas
16-06-07, 02:06 PM
actually now that i think about it, the carbs will need to be on an angle anyway because r1 cylinder heads are tilted forwards, the aren't vertical so you might get away without having to lower the alternator, my kawasaki zzr1100 carbs that i'm putting on my x16xe need to be tilted at 25 degrees for the floats to sit right

maccas

Adam
16-06-07, 02:14 PM
Will be tricky making an inlet then.
The pipe "stubs" will need to be welded at the right angle.

mikey14sr
16-06-07, 02:34 PM
If the bike the carbs come off had an electric fuel pump, try your best to get it, as it'll allready be set to the right pressure.