PDA

View Full Version : brake pads

Anonymous
07-03-02, 10:14 PM
how r u ppl.I've got calibra turbo breaks on my 1.4sr and was wondering which pads where the best to get?greenstuff?i haven't a clue

hope u can help us

Anonymous
07-03-02, 11:23 PM
u have cal turbo brakes on a 1.4 and u want better pads? lol

just out of interest are you running standard sr brake servo? i thought i was goin wrong somewhere with my 16v brakes until i got an uprated servo, better pads wont help very much!!

Anonymous
07-03-02, 11:26 PM
but if u still wana go ahead with gettin uprated pads then i believe red-dot are the 1's to go for, mind u there pretty expensive for the turbo models!

Anonymous
08-03-02, 11:19 PM
Feck me you don't mess about do you m8?lol!

I'm not sure about the servo poss. being a prob tho'Dicko. A bigger servo would make the brakes more effective but whether this set up requires a bigger servo is another matter. Cos Novas are pretty light I've found that once some better calipers are on, even retaining the std servo, problems with the braking system don't really arise. I've had no prob with brake fade, over heating, oil boiling, discs warping etc even when being thrashed around a circuit with the std Vaux pads. OK you might have to push down harder but they should be fine for stopping the car. Comp cars don't use Servos at all - they're just there to make it easier.

EBC have a good reputation so I would go with them esp as they run cleaner and look snazzier

Anonymous
09-03-02, 08:18 AM
quite right cp, y am i agree-ing with u, obvoirsly u know ur right :p

why go slow if u can go fast! :-)

Anonymous
09-03-02, 07:22 PM
well id be gettin a bigger servo if it was me!!!!