PDA

View Full Version : Wheel offset

kronk10
14-06-07, 11:57 PM
Right my new wheels are on and the back passenger sound like its rubbing the tyres are 195/4515's which i thought were ok. i looked on the search and people have said that on the passenger side they get rubbing but ok the other side. The noise goes after awhile but when i go over a bump it makes a noise. Is it safe and will it damage anything. And can i take the wheel off and try and knock back arch witha lump hammer abit????:wtf:

kronk10
15-06-07, 12:04 AM
oh and its lowered 40 mm allround and there on billy replacment stock shocks so why the hell is it rubbing i think the wheels are et 49 which is just right??? god its annoying me:mad:

R1CH
15-06-07, 12:06 AM
Have you folded the arches at all ? what width are the rims ?

kronk10
15-06-07, 12:08 AM
There rubbing on the inside of the arch and i havent done any arch work before i have allways ran vaux wheels before with 195/45's so i dont know whats going on:confused:

R1CH
15-06-07, 12:11 AM
If its on the inner arch then just give it a bash with a hammer !
Can't see it doing any damage tbh, you know what width the rims are then ? (or what wheels they are) ?

kronk10
15-06-07, 12:14 AM
If its on the inner arch then just give it a bash with a hammer !
Can't see it doing any damage tbh, you know what width the rims are then ? (or what wheels they are) ?

There team dynamics pro race 1.2's dunno what width dammit (i forgot getting late now)i will give it a bash next time it aint raining its just on the inside it dont scrub the actual arch i thinklol if so i will roll them up;) (with a hammer:eek: )

R1CH
15-06-07, 12:19 AM
There team dynamics pro race 1.2's dunno what width dammit (i forgot getting late now)i will give it a bash next time it aint raining its just on the inside it dont scrub the actual arch i thinklol if so i will roll them up;) (with a hammer:eek: )

Thats your problem then, the rim is 7" wide, any wider than 6.5" on a Nova and they'll rub without arch work.
I'm running the same wheels on mine but with a 45mm offset, clear the inner arch no bother but i've had to fold the lip flat on the outer arch.

Rich

kronk10
15-06-07, 12:21 AM
That is **** can i do the arch work myself do i just go at the rear arch with a hammer and grinder or do i take it somwhere???????

Adam
15-06-07, 12:27 AM
No doubt they will be rubbing the arch outer lip, not the inner arch.

Mine do sometimes, you can see the scrub marks on the outer edge of the tyre.

R1CH
15-06-07, 12:29 AM
If its just catching on the inside then just remove the wheel, and bash it with a hammer where its been catching (tyre will have left a mark), might be worth sticking a bit of paint on if theres any bare metal showing.
Bit more involved doing the outer arch, not difficult but you could easy **** it up if your not that sure what your doing. Maybe worth getting a body shop to sort the outer arch lips ??

Rich

Adam
15-06-07, 12:31 AM
I took a co**** file to the outer arch lip of mine, and it actually helped quite a bit. It used to rub on everybump before i did it, now its v. occasionally.
Painted/undersealed the edge after.

Hmm, swear filter, that should say C O A R S E, lol

kronk10
15-06-07, 12:34 AM
Thanks guys i will have proper look and see where there rubbing tomoz gonna whack the inner arches just to make sure anywaylol sounds like fun. How much does a bodyshop normally charge for arch work:confused:

Adam
15-06-07, 12:50 AM
Normally about ?25/?30 per side to roll them.

They can only do it if there good and solid arches tho, any rust and they will probably not touch them.

kronk10
15-06-07, 11:59 AM
Just spent a fun hour whacking the inner arches as they were the source of the rubbing. I now have ample space and sounds good when driven a good. A couple of nylon lump hammers did the job, but while i was under the drivers rear arch i noticed it was rotten to hell. so next money is on new rear arch just ordered it so gotta wait:thumb: